DC

Band Recommendations

Hi!  We're looking for a live band for our reception that is strong in/focuses on funk/soul/motown.  Right now, we like Nightsong, The Source, Mo' Soul, Sound Connection, maybe Amaretto.  Just heard The Source at a showcase tonight and they were fun, though their lead male vocalist is definitely more talented than the rest.  Has anyone heard this or any of the other groups?  Other recs for this type of band?  We are hoping for an energetic band that will keep everyone on the dance floor all night!  Thanks!

Re: Band Recommendations

• Super T- The Tyrone Smith Revue
    He is based out of Memphis but comes to DC for weddings.  My girlfriend used him, so if you are interested, I can put you two in touch and she'll give you his info.
    She swears he is cheaper than you think and comparable to all the big DC bands.
  • I have seen Encore, with Washington Talent Agency, at a wedding and saw them again at the showcase in September and they are fantastic, lots of fun and energy!  I talked to both of the male singers and they have such great personalities!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards