DC

Ceremony and Reception Venues?

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ciara and my FI and I are looking to do a destination wedding in DC. We are from Orlando, Florida but really love the DC area. I was wondering if you all could recommend some reasonable but nice venues. I am leaning more towards a lounge (no hotel ballroom). If you all could please help out, I would greatly appreciate it!

Happy Planning!!

Re: Ceremony and Reception Venues?

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What is your guest and price range?  There are many options in DC in varying price ranges.  That would help to narrow down some of the suggestions we could give you.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• edited December 2011
    This is my same predicament! We just moved to Minnesota and will be returning to DC to get married. Our guest size is about 25 and we are hoping to find an inexpensive and cute/unique place to have the ceremony in the beginning of March. After the ceremony we are planning on renting out a private dining room at a restaurant. We have a smaller budget, but we are open to any ideas or suggestions. I've spent the past few days doing constant searched online, but I feel like I can't find anything. We lived in Annapolis and went into to DC, but I still need help with finding a ceremony location and a good restraunt with an american/neutral menu for our variety of guests. Have any suggestions or resources/blogs that might help me? Thanks for your help !! 
  • tmjacksontmjackson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lexyjeff,

You said you lived in Annapolis at one point.  What about one of the historic inns there?  You could do the ceremony and reception in the same location. 

Another reception option might be one of the Potomac River cruise boats.  There's the Odyssey that leaves from SW Washington and there's one that leaves from National Harbor.  I believe there's another from Old Town Alexandria.

The State Plaza Hotel, near the State Department, the Federal Reserve and the Watergate Hotel, might be another option: http://www.stateplaza.com/

For a restaurant, try Elizabeth's on L: http://www.thecateringco.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how many guests you are planning to have, but we spent a few months searching what felt like every venue in the DC area and ended up deciding on DAR Memorial Continental Hall.  It is a beautiful DC venue with views of the Washington monument and across the street from the White House--great for out of town guests.  I would also recommend the Carnegie Institute (which was my top choice), but they book up REALLY fast, so be prepared to not get your date unless you are way more than a year in advance.  Hope that helps!
  • sumthynnu12sumthynnu12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies. We will be having about 60 guests. Our budget will be $15,000.  I will definitely check out your options.

Thank you :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you dont mind Maryland we are having our ceremony and reception at The Billingsly House Museum in Upper Marlboro.... also check out other venues on PG Parks and Recreation or Montgomery Parks and Recreation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards