DC

DC/NoVA Hair/makeup recommendation

Hi, I am looking for a stylist who is comfortable doing (relaxed) ethnic hair as well as a make up artist for my wedding in Northern Virginia.  Any advice or recommendations are welcomed.

Re: DC/NoVA Hair/makeup recommendation

• Amelia33Amelia33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For makeup I am using Aisha from Picture Perfect Makeup, her website is www.pictureperfectmakeupdc.com
    I found her from rec's on this board and she was awesome at my trial.  My bridal party is very multicultural so I liked that her portfolio reflected that.

For hair, I am going with a family member from out of town, HOWEVER, I was a bridesmaid last year for a friend of mine who also has relaxed ethnic hair and her hair lady did an awesome job on all of us! Her name was Jackie from PR Partners in downtown DC.
    I hope that helps!

• osterhoutaosterhouta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used Aisha for makeup as well and loved her!

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's my recommendation for hair, which was included in my (long, very long) vendor review:

Hair.  I entrusted my hair to Bill Lawrence of The Bill Lawrence Salon in Adams Morgan in DC.  Bill has been featured for his wedding work in The Washingtonian Bride and Groom magazine.  He does not disappoint!  202-387-8310  A+

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for your recommendations, ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    For makeup, I am using "faces by haley" (http://www.facesbyhaley.com/). She does this as a side business and comes to you, so her prices are fantastic. I haven't had my trial yet, but she came HIGHLY recommended by my wedding planner, and pictures I was shown of previous brides she did were gorgeous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards