DC

Need a seamstress/tailor

Hi all. Does anyone know of a seamstress/tailor who can alter my dress & add a color train? I would preffer the location in Wash. DC since I live in the city & can get around a lot easier.

I found the dress online & it's being shipped from overseas. The dress was inexpensive so I can afford to have it altered to my liking.

This is the dress & the train is from a Alfred Angelo design.

Re: Need a seamstress/tailor

• Try Kimly's Alterations in Northern VA, her prices are reasonable for the amount of work required on your dress.  She is a dressmaker that has her own business, not one located out of her home, so this is not a hobby to her.  Very experienced in my opinion.
    You can schedule your appointment on the weekends and evenings too
    Telephone  703-680-7442
  • In Response to Re: Need a seamstress/tailor:
    [QUOTE]Try Kimly's Alterations in Northern VA, her prices are reasonable for the amount of work required on your dress.  She is a dressmaker that has her own business, not one located out of her home, so this is not a hobby to her.  Very experienced in my opinion. You can schedule your appointment on the weekends and evenings too Telephone  703-680-7442
    Posted by cayharrop[/QUOTE]
    ----------------------------------

re: out of home location - that's a rough comment.  In these times, saving on overhead by operating out of one's home and passing along that savings to consumer is great.  To diminish the work of highly positive reviews (by Knotties and others) of Estee and Angie to equate it to a hobby reeks of arrogance.  Generalizations stink.
  • I am using a seamstress in Fort Washington, MD.  She is really good and does all kinds of work.  PM me if you are interested in her information. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards