DC
Options

DJ's for NorthernVirginia area

MJ60MJ60 member
First Comment
MOB looking for information/recommendations for DJ's in the DC / Virginia Area.....has anyone used or know anything about Black Tie DJ's, Marc Wilner,Chris Rossbach or Kirkabees?   Any suggestions or recommendations would be a start.

thanks

NOVA Mom

Re: DJ's for NorthernVirginia area

• Options
    SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Black Tie was our second choice but we went with Greg Haynes.  Friends used him for their wedding and highly recommended him.  He was a little cheaper than Black Tie as well and is doing both our ceremony and reception.  We met with him and were very pleased with his willingness to do whatever was needed or wanted for our wedding.  If you want more info on him let me know and I will get you his contact info.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Jake RItchie with Dream Day DJs, he was great!  I would recommend him to anyone.  A good reference for not only a DJ but everything wedding related is www.weddingwire.com, you can check vendor reviews from people who have used them.  Jake Ritchie has great reviews on that site also.

Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    JulieA99JulieA99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Lil2010 go to weddingwire.com.
    I found my DJ (World Renown) on weddingwire.com.  thru another bride.
    There they have reviews from past brides and other FAQ's.
    Hope this helps.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    erinries2erinries2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Kirkabee's.  It's hard to give much info since the wedding hasn't happened yet, but I loved him in our meeting.  He's really cool and will offer ideas, but is also happy to do whatever you want.  He seems like he'll make things fun without being too cheesy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The DJ I'll be using at my wedding is actually a good friend of mine. DJ Rizzo has been working in the northern VA/DC area for more than 20 years. He's professional, friendly, fun, talented, and pretty much all around awesome! Not only does he do weddings, but also night clubs, charity events, and private parties. I can't say enough good things about him! I actually changed my venue because my first choice only allowed the use of the in-house DJ, and it meant that much to me to have him do my music.
    http://www.djrizzo.com/DJ_Rizzo/Welcome.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart."

161 invited image
    74 ready to celebrate! image
    87 won't make it :(image
    0 still to respond image
  • Options
    MJ60MJ60 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reply.....besides being a little less expensive, I would be interested in what prompted you to choose Greg Haynes (Kirkabees) over Black Tie....I have received a quote from Black Tie and am still waiting to hear from Greg.  I also contacted Chris Laich, but he was out of my budget.  I have also heard about the Elegant DJ and am wondering if anyone has used him?

I will be interested to read your review after your wedding.....

NOVA Mom
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You didn't mention mydeejay.com, but I have to recommend them.  Evan did my wedding this April and my friend had Anthony last May.  They are so professional and know how to do weddings.  I recommend them without any hesitation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sound Decision DJ out of Culpeper, VA.

http://www.yourdjservice.com

He's part of Hunt Country Weddings & he's great! + affordable!

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • Options
    SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Greg met with us at a Starbucks and wanted us to get to know him.  He also came recommended by friends of ours from their wedding.  The bride from that wedding said that not only did he do the DJ thing but he really made sure that they were comfortable throughout the day.  For example, he made sure that after the ceremony while the bridal party was taking pics the couple had water and some snacks brought out to them since they hadn't eaten most of the day.  When he came recommended and then we met him, in combo with his decent prices he just really seemed to fit with what we were looking for.  :)
  • Options
    SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also the Greg Haynes that we are working with is with Above and Beyond DeeJays, not Kirkabees.
  • Options
    MJ60MJ60 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To Schnebs.....I am confused.....I searched for Above and Beyond DJs and all I came up with was a DJ company based in California.....If I just type in Greg Haynes I get nothing.....so can you give me the website information for Above and Beyond......

I have also contacted Dream Day DJs and sound Decision and will be talking with them soon.

Thanks for all the input......keep it coming......

NOVA MOM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards