DC

Downtown photo spots

Hi ladies,
My FI is going to be in town first weekend in May so we're going to be getting our Engagement pics taken. I'm super excited :) Since we got engaged at the Lincoln I'd like to take pix downtown. And while I do want some with a couple of the monuments in the background, I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas of spots that will be close enough to the mall that we can get there during our 2 hr. shoot, but might be a bit more romantic/ less people?

Thanks!!!

Re: Downtown photo spots

• lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out some of the side streets on Capitol Hill/Eastern Market. You can stand in the middle (there is a rather large median) of Independence Ave in Eastern Market and the Capitol. However, these are at the opposite end of the Mall from the Lincoln, so you will need to drive.
  • edited December 2011
    There are the botanical gardens down there (http://www.usbg.gov/), which is gorgeous.  They say no wedding or wedding related photos, but I don't know if that include engagement photos. 

Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    If you want to take any photos at the monuments the Park Services requires you to have a "photography permit." My photography informed me of this. She said that if Park Services sees any "professional" equipment they will ask right away to see the permit and if you don't have one they will stand in every picture! I of course thought this was silly but sure enough they have forms at the park services website. We had to get a permit for both photography and the ceremony since we are doing it at the Thomas Jefferson, silly but necessary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards