DC

New- Any assistance appreciated

ljl3469ljl3469 member
First Comment
Hey All- I just got engaged last weekend. We are looking to get married in May 2012 and I really need help venue wise.  We are trying to keep everything reasonable but I am planning our wedding from where we live in Hawaii to the Northern VA/DC/MD area (where the groom is from). Any suggestions would be fantastic. We are looking at 150-200 guests (probably more like 150). Unfortunately that is as far as I've gotten. Thanks again for any responses. Planning a wedding is difficult enough without living in a place where the timezone is a 6 hour difference!

Re: New- Any assistance appreciated

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!! You definitely want to get on the venue right away. Where exactly in your FIs family from?
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!!!

It depends on your budget but i'm getting a GREAT deal from The Bolger Center. They don't pop up on a lot of google searches, because they're mostly used for conferences and stuff, but the grounds are GORGEOUS, they include EVERYTHING (it's a hotel). you basically can have a free ceremony there; they charge for the cocktail hour and reception, but the price doesn't change if you want the ceremony there as well. they cater it too. ours is about $100 per person,, but that covers the ceremony and reception, 4 hour open bar, 3 food options, the cocktail hour, all the tables, linens, chairs, silverware, glassware, servers, wine service, parking lot for our event, set up and clean up, and a complimentary honeymoon suite. that's a REALLY hard deal to find around here.

www.bolgercenter.com

if you contact them tell them that Jennifer who's getting married in September sent you =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board!

First thing you need to do is determine what your budget is and what vibe you want (i.e. casual, formal, indoor, outdoor).  From there, you'll have a much easier time trying to find something, since you would have narrowed your search down significantly, based on what you can afford and the style of the wedding.

Happy planning! 
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ljl3469ljl3469 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone! I am trying to keep it as reasonable as possible. We actually haven't really discussed budget but im hoping to keep it under 20k. We are actually looking into the Mariner's Museum in Newport News as Northern Virginia (where his family is from) is just so expensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards