DC

Gratuity help!!

Any thoughts on tipping assistants? There will be an assistant day-of coordinator on site, sous chef in addition to head chef, assistant photographer, etc.... I haven't met or interacted with any of these assistants and not sure if they are expecting a tip.   Trying to get all of our envelopes ready in advance so I can't really wait and see if they do a spectacular job.
Help??

Re: Gratuity help!!

• I haven't heard about tipping chefs and sous chefs but I think that the photographer should share (at their discretion) the gratuity that you give them.  With that said, I plan on tipping my photographer about $50 more, knowing that he is bringing an assistant.
  • We also weren't sure about tipping the on-site catering supervisor vs. the catering manager we had been working with for several months before the wedding. The manager wrote up the catering proposal and talked with me about choosing the menu, timing,... Etc... But she was only on site for a short while. Then the catering supervisor made sure all the servers were on top of things, bartender was working out, blah blah, but I had never met him or her.... So who gets what???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards