DC

Wedding Planner

Is anyone on this board in the DC area using a wedding planner? Who are you using? What has been your experience so far? Are they keeping you on budget? Are they responsive and on time? Thank you for helping me weed through this new territory!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wedding Planner

• Eric & JaimeeEric & Jaimee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a post on this from last week below, but I really recommend Ribbon Box Events.  Tiffany is extremely responsive and very budget friendly.  She is very resourceful at staying within the budget and helped me come up with more budget friendly alternatives when I saw an idea I liked but couldn't afford.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Myrna Grossman with For All Occasions. She was incredible and, actually, was able to negotiate better prices with some of our vendors. I would refer her to anyone. She kept me in line and organized! You can reach her at 703-222-5912.
  • VenusgraceVenusgrace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sweetface Events for the Day of Wedding planner and Carrie Moe's Finishing Touches Package from Fleurish Events.
  • edited December 2011
    my wedding planner is Khadijia Morrow with Avant Garde Event Boutique (she is the owner) and i adore her. i'm utilizing her services for full planning so she's been taking care a lot of the details and negotiating but also leaving me a lot of room and leeway to do my own research and recommendations since i told her from the beginning that i also wanted to stay involved too.

communication in the beginning was a little spread out because we still had so much time (we hired her a little bit over a year before the wedding) but it picked up through the year and is now about twice a week since we're less than three months out now.

i know that she's worth it because every time over the past few months, when people ask me if i'm getting stressed or worried, i honestly reply that i'm not because my wedding planning has everything handled! 

she's charging us about 9% of our total budget and agreed to cap her services at $4K. i think this is about in line for some of the bigger or more popular event planners in the area, and is particularly decent considering that some of my other friends have paid $2K plus just for a month-of-coordinator.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards