DC
Options

THE BEST ALTERATIONS EXPERIENCE inside the Beltway. . .even better than Estee!!!

Okay knotties - I'm a DC living bride that's getting married out of town. I'd been renting a zip car and driving otu to Estee for an amazing priced alterations - $150 to take the dress down a few sizes, add a bustle, etc. It was a TON of work and Estee was wonderful. However, once  I added up renting zip and the time it took to drive out to MD I thought it probably ended up catching me a bunch more.

Anyway, cut to the chase. A week before the wedding I changed dresses (ha I know after all that).  What could I do in a week? I needed some alterations done and Estee was too busy. I searched around and took a chance. Hadn't seen a lot of reviews but ultimately after chatting with Chris on the phone I knew it was a great fit.

Long story short DC BRIDES you MUST try Chris! She COMES TO YOUR HOUSE!!! COMES TO YOUR HOUSE! And not only does she charge MINIMUM - I mean seriously she charged me $50 for my alterations. BUT SHE COMES TO YOUR HOUSE. She did my alterations in 3 days. I can't say enough. I'm writing about her everywhere!

Here's her website

Also so you know there is some credibility she teaches sewing classes at an Artspace in NW DC. http://www.yelp.com/events/washington-sewing-lessons-project-pencil-skirt

Her name is Chris Cooper and her # is 2024454403. She's FANTASTC!

PS - She does other alterations at your home as well for pants, skirts, whatever so even beyond bridal dresses I will use Chris for my hubbies irregularly sized clothes =)

Re: THE BEST ALTERATIONS EXPERIENCE inside the Beltway. . .even better than Estee!!!

• Options
    Just one note about this new seamstress that comes to your house, is she bonded and insured, in other words, does she have a business (not home hobby) so she will not disappear in the middle of the night with your merchandise? 

Just something to think about, because your wedding gown should be protected and not travel from your home to someone else's studio to minimize risk of damage to the dress.
    Always pay by credit card so you have something to dispute if you need to!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards