DC

The Tower Club in Tyson's Corner for a reception?

Hi!  My fiance and I are seriously considering having our Oct. 2011 ceremony and reception at the Tower Club in Tyson's Corner, VA.  We love the atrium for the ceremony, but it's too small for a reception of 120, so we would have to have our dinner in a dining room (connected, but not in the atrium), and I'm not sure about how everything will flow.  Also concerned about spending a lot of money for centerpieces that will likely only be seen for an hour during dinner.  Has anyone had or been to a wedding at the Tower Club?  Appreciate any thoughts, thanks!!

Re: The Tower Club in Tyson's Corner for a reception?

• elizak83elizak83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Tower Club in April (my fiancee's brother got married there.)  Basically they had the ceremony in the atrium, then we moved down the hall to another room for the cocktail hour (it was super crowded though, and there were less than 100 people in there.)  The dinner was in the dining room and then we moved back to the atrium for dancing.  It was a nice wedding and the venue did a good job, it def. was a lot of moving around though.  If you are concerned about the centerpieces I would do a non-flower centerpiece (can be cute as well as flowers.)  They had flowers for centerpieces but then they had small centerpieces on the tables near the dancing area in the atrium.  Let me know if you have any other questions, I hope I helped.
  • LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not been to a wedding there but we had a christmas party there for work one year.  The food is AMAZING.  Anyhow, I think the seperation could be nice if you have older guests that may want to have a quiet area to visit while your younger guests are ready to party.  If your worried about cost of centerpiece perhaps you could do candle centerpieces - I know someone on here bought stemmed candle holders at Bed Bath and Beyond for centerpieces, they were much cheaper than florals, beautiful, and could either be reused again, or re-sold afterwards.  Good luck!
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards