DC

Registries

So my fiance and I are heading out to get a start on our gift registries tonight at Bed Bath & Beyond and Target.  Any advice, hints or tips to getting through this without arguing or driving each other nuts with this?!?  =-)

Re: Registries

• starlite21lstarlite21l member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    lol this was an adventure for us!  i went in expecting it to be lots of fun with a scan gun but we def. argued!  after talkign to some other friends who just got married we found out they had the same problems.

we came into the problem that fi wanted to just buy the things that were on sale rather than putting them on the registry.  which made me say well whats the point of having a registry at all then?

we made sure to walk around first before even going to the bridal registry to make sure there was bedding, dishes and everything in prices and patterns that were reasonable for our guests.

we also made sure to hit high, medium and low prices.  we registered at bbb and macys.  i actually really liked the macys registry because they took our amount of guests and gave us a breakdown of how many gifts we should register for total and how many at each price point which was cool.

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Walk through the store once before you start scanning anything. Look at what you like, talk through things you disagree on (and agree not to just say "I hate that", but to explain why), and make sure you see everything in the store. Then go back through, and actually scan the items in. That way if you disagree about something, it doesn't end with one party scanning while the other fumes. Going through the rest of the store ensures time to cool off before coming back to the issue!

And, most importantly, just remember... this is supposed to be fun! =D
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    FYI - I went to Macy's to buy something off a friend's registry.  It was just napkins - an added gift to the main one.  They didn't have it in stock and wanted me to *pay shipping* not cool.
  • edited December 2011

Well we survived our first night of doing registry stuff!  It went a lot better than I thought.  We are having trouble finding things to put on it though because we already live together and have just about anything we would need.  We did put some things on there to upgrade stuff we have now or to replace it but I do think that our registries are going to end up fairly small in comparison to how many people we'll have at the shower. 

• bailey1973bailey1973 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The registry subject comes up every night for Del and I. We registered at Restoration Hardware and Macy's, and like another knottie posted we live together so we r just upgrading some things, but for the most part ,our guests' presence is gift enough for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards