DC

Bachelorette Party Location Recommendations

Hi!  I'm a New Orleans Knottie, and one of my bridesmaids is getting married this October in DC.  I've only visited DC once, and I'm trying to help with planning her bachelorette party.  As of right now, the plan is to throw her a lingerie shower at her apartment, complete with bachelorette-party-themed decorations, and then head out for a night on the town.  It's going to be on a Thursday night, and we're looking at about 10 or so girls.  Ideally, we'd like somewhere that we could go for dancing/drinks that doesn't require bottle service, but has a really fun, cool atmosphere.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  TIA!

Re: Bachelorette Party Location Recommendations

• razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my bachelorette party this past weekend and it was one of the best nights of my life.  My MOH and Bridesmaids did a great job with planning it. 

We stayed at the Mayflower hotel and went to Oya for dinner and then Tattoo Bar for dancing/drinks.  We did bottle service, but we also went on a Saturday night and you probably wouldn't need to during the week.  One of my favorite things about Tattoo was the music, there wasn't a dull moment or song all night.
  • edited December 2011
    Oya is our fave DC restaurant - the ambiance and decor is wonderful and the food is delish. That's a great place to start!

The quintessential party spot in DC is The Park on Fourteenth - one of those guestlist only, pick me pick me kind of places but they're usually pretty good about letting big groups of girls in. I haven't been there in a while (actually, I don't think FI and I have been downtown at all since we moved into our new place - gotta watch that budget) but a bunch of our friends still party there, so I figure it's one of those places where you can't really go wrong, provided you can get in.
  • edited December 2011
    Visit the Washington Post's web site and check out the Going Out Gurus page.  They have a chat every week and go over fun, new places to go out in DC.  Very helpful for planning these types of events!
  • houghchoughc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Park on 14th recommendation. It's easy to get on the guestlist and they usually let groups of girls in regardless. I recently particapated in a Bachelorette party in which we started at the 18th Str. Lounge (after dinner) and then crossed the street for some dancing at Midtown. You definitely should contact any clubs you plan to attend about getting on their waitlist.........it will save $$ on cover charges.
  • cbristol1980cbristol1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Greetings,

I wanted to spread the word about a company called Behind-Closedoors. They are the perfect solution for Bachelorette parties. They can come to you or schedule a studio rental. I just did a Girls' Night out party with them and it was FABULOUS!!!! The owner told me about a package where they teach you a routine and video tape it and give each participant an edited copy in a few days. How awesome? Check them out www.behind-closedoors.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards