DC

Cute B&B for a mini-moon?

razdazzlerazdazzle member
First Anniversary First Comment
Fi and I are planning a mini-moon for the weekend following our wedding (this august)....and then taking our honeymoon around 2010 xmas, 2011 new years.

I would love to hear feedback from you all for cute B&B's in the area.  I would love to go somewhere in VA and check out some vineyards, get a couples massage, and enjoy some good food.  I'm worried about the heat factor though since it will be August....let me know your suggestions!

Re: Cute B&B for a mini-moon?

• psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took a long weekend and stayed at The Inn at Meander Plantation (Locust Dale, VA).  It's near Charlottesville, Monticello and a ton of wineries.  I thought the place was really cute and they have private cottages (we stayed in the Washington Cottage).  They have trails near a brook and huge corn fields to wonder through.  And the food there is so good!  They have about 8 tables in the main house and they serve breakfast (included) and dinner.  If you want more information you can visit their website: www.meander.net or email me at psmith1216 at gmail.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for asking about local mini-moon recommendations! I'd love to see what people recommend.

We're getting married this August too, and postponing our "real" honeymoon for a year or two. We're planning to take our mini-moon to the Charlottesville area so we can tour Monticello, do some tastings at local wineries, and in general just relax :o)
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I have been to the Blackthorne Inn twice - once years ago when it was the 1763 Inn (or something like that) and then again two years ago and it is where he proposed.  It's beautiful - the log cabins are awesome and private.  The first time we were there, we were the only guests because we went in the middle of  a week and the second time we were there, it was a little more lively.  There are lots of wineries around there and Middleburg has some very cute local restaurants and stores.  Here's their website:  http://blackthorne-inn.com/main.asp

We are getting married at the Inn at Kelly's Ford: http://www.innatkellysford.com/ They offer all kinds of outdoor activities for their guests (which you can find on their website) and it's also an equestrian center, so you can go horseback riding, too.  I don't know about wineries - it's kind of an in-between location, so you'd have to do some investigating for stuff like that.  But, it's gorgeous and we fell in love with it as soon as we got out of the car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Barboursville Vineyard, near Charlottesville, looks amazing.  They have the 1804 Inn and a fantastic restaurant, from what I've heard.  I've never been there, so I can't personally say how it is, but definitely look into it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards