DC

AFFORDABLE Reception/ceremony venue for 75 guests

Hi there,

Me and my fiance have been spending hours searching for the right venue. We are planning an indoor ceremony and reception since our date is December 11 2011. 

We live in Leesburg but don't mind traveling in the DMV area. 

We would love a place with a view (like Top of the Town in DC). Looking for a rental fee of less than $2500 (but it IS the winter so the rate should be lower). Bonus for places that allow us to bring in our own caterers and/or alcohol. Any ideas? I'm about to give up....I've looked at everything. Please help!!

Re: AFFORDABLE Reception/ceremony venue for 75 guests

• edited December 2011

I booked the 1757 Golf Club in Dulles, VA. You have to use their chef but their food is really good (they have a restaurant so you can go and taste) and since they're pretty new (first wedding was in July) their prices are pretty good. You could do 75 people will open bar all night and food (hor de voures sp? and appetizers and buffet or plated dinners) for around $7000. If you want the ceremony there it's only an extra $400 bucks. They have full service so there are staff to cut your cake and hand out the included champagne toast.

It includes a DOC, colored linens for the tables, and the whole place is brand new and really pretty. They have some great sunset views on the greens for pics and stuff. They don't have any pictures really on their website but I've taken a bunch so email me if you want to see. I can also type all the stuff it includes which is more than I listed. Plus the event manager is soooo nice and super helpful.
    sarah.lee308 AT gmail.com

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input but girl u r CRAZY!! That place is so expensive!  $89pp is their cheapest option which is only a cocktail style reception (appetizers and bar only!) Their cheapest package that includes dinner is $105 pp. With tax and gratuity it's over $10k!!! It says in their brochure that ceremonies are $1000 and up.  I can't believe they are charging $90 A PERSON FOR APPETIZERS!!! But, like I said, thanks for your input! :):)
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest that you check on Glen Echo. They have a little bit of everything,

M
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_affordable-receptionceremony-venue-75-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:d81115f6-14b3-4f74-abb0-14bfa6b5089dPost:759e59d8-8ddf-47cb-a251-15fd175c1cf6">Re: AFFORDABLE Reception/ceremony venue for 75 guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your input but girl u r CRAZY!! That place is so expensive!  $89pp is their cheapest option which is only a cocktail style reception (appetizers and bar only!) Their cheapest package that includes dinner is $105 pp. With tax and gratuity it's over $10k!!! It says in their brochure that ceremonies are $1000 and up.  I can't believe they are charging $90 A PERSON FOR APPETIZERS!!! But, like I said, thanks for your input! :) :)
    Posted by dogyluvr[/QUOTE]

Maybe their prices have gone up. I locked in $89 a head back in march for:
    2 displayed hors d'oeuvres
    2 butler passed hors d'oeuvres
    1 salad with assorted breads and butter
    2 entrees (buffet style) with 3 sides
    Open bar for 5 hours

the rest of my package includes:
    complimentary round of golf for bride and groom
    chairs
    linens
    overlays and napkins
    cake cutting and serving
    champagne toast
    DOC
    and setup and breakdown

Did you talk to Lindsay? It's quite possible that they've upped their pricing because I booked when they hadn't had any weddings before.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rockwood Manor is $2,000 for eight hours on a Saturday (less on other days) during the off-season.  And they allow you to bring in your own caterer.
  • edited December 2011
    go to www.wehavethewhere.com and click on the Lodge at Little Seneca. It is $2000 during prime season, and they have a HUGE stone fireplace that is just gorgeous. Beautiful hardwood flooring and the look of a log cabin for the walls. I just had my wedding there 2 weeks ago. SO nice! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I will check out Rockwood Manor and the Lodge at Little Seneca Creek. Also, I will email the 1757 golf club and ask for Lindsay and see if she can offer us the same package as wishulthinking. We'll see what happens. 

Melissa, do you have more pictures of the Lodge that you could email to me? I would love to see more.

Thanks SO much for your input everybody! Keep the ideas coming!
  • edited December 2011
    Sure! what is your email address?
  • MaggieOMMaggieOM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa - I am also looking at the Seneca Lodge for my wedding. Would you mind sending me some photos as well? I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're already in Leesburg you could try Harpers Ferry, Front Royal, or Winchester for venues. If you're going to drive an hour away it might as well be an hour in the cheaper direction :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards