DC

Northern Virginia Venue

Any suggestions for a venue in Northern, VA, southern MD...  Ideally an outdoor ceremony, indoor reception.  Also very open to the idea of having it at a restaurant.  150-175 people.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker 177 Invited image
3 Yes image
0 No image
174 ? image

Re: Northern Virginia Venue

• Mt. Vernon/Mt. Vernon Inn in nova?

It's on a plantation right on the water so it's beautiful (outdoor ceremony) and there is also a restaurant right there that you can rent out for indoor reception on the same site.
  • Hmm...I'm doing an indoor ceremony because I'm having a January wedding, but I do recall a couple of cool-looking spots from my venue search.  Glen Echo has a lot of really, really cool spaces (including an outdoor bumper car pavilion!), and Paradise Springs vineyard in Clifton is really pretty.  There are also some historic buildings in Fairfax where you could have an outdoor wedding and then an indoor reception, though they might be a little bit small for the size you're expecting.
  • Oh, I forgot about Glen Echo! Good call.
  • Have you looked at the Hotel Monaco in Old Town Alexandria? Looks like they have an outdoor ceremony space and indoor reception space for your size of group. Have fun planning!

http://www.monaco-alexandria.com/alexandria-meeting-facilities/wedding-hotel.html

• Thanks for all of the suggestions!  Looks like we are trying to slim down the dream guest list to closer to 125 guests.  Ideally the location will be no more than an hour from Dulles Airpot in the northern and western directions.  Also, budget for catering/ceremony/reception site... we are hoping for around $10-$12k
    3 Yes image
    0 No image
    174 ? image
  • Have you looked at River Creek Club or Belmont Country Club in Leesburg? Both are pretty close to the airport and should fit your budget. We're having our reception at River Creek in July.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lenergyrlahlenergyrlah member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We're using Hidden Creek Country Club in Reston.  Their catering manager Kimberly is very professional and an excellent day-of coordinator and their food is really good.  They have a beautiful deck adjoining the reception room that they perform the ceremonies on (this is also very convenient in case of rain since the ceremony can quickly be moved inside).  Their silver package is $90/person, not including facility rental fees which for the ceremony and reception is about $1000.  This includes hors deovres, dinner, and open bar.  Their gold package is a bit more expensive because it includes a DJ.  The thing I loved the most about Hidden Creek is that there aren't any hidden fees; the $90/person includes tax, gratuity, cake-cutting fee, etc.  All the other venues I looked at had a 25% gratuity and $2.75/person cake cutting fee added on which would have put us way over budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi All,

We decided to go with Belmont Country Club!  They by far had the best all inclusive deal and for sunday weddings they offer 10% off!  Thanks for all the great suggestions!
    3 Yes image
    0 No image
    174 ? image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards