Georgia-Atlanta

Vendor reviews

I did a lot of research when I was searching for vendors and it paid off - my wedding was great! I was trying to be "green," so you'll see that in some of my vendor choices. Thought I'd share:

Invitations: Sam Flax - I did a custom design and they were very simple. I wanted them printed on recycled paper, and they had plenty of choices that didn't look like they were made of twigs and oatmeal. We did have to do multiple proofs (some typos from them), but it worked out great and I was happy with the product and price. I bought the same card stock to do my own save the date post cards (designed myself in Word and printed at home) - I was happy with them too.

Venue: We did the ceremony and reception at Trees Atlanta (www.treesatlanta.org) - we were the first to do a wedding there and it was AWESOME. Joe is their events person and he was wonderful to work with. Our guests also thought it was a really cool venue and has a great set up for events (great indoor and outdoor spaces).

Caterer: Avalon Catering - the food was fantastic. Many people told us it was the best wedding food they had eaten. The shrimp and grits were a huge hit - people are still talking about them! The staff was great that night too - very professional and courteous.

Cake: Publix! I used the one at Toco Hills - though the decorator Kara actually works at another store now (she came back to do my cake). Everyone knows Publix cake is delicious, and this was another big winner - everyone said it was the tastiest wedding cake, including my mother in law, who declared it the best ever. ;o) I did a variation on one of their standard designs and added some gum paste flowers that they ordered. They delivered it and it looked beautiful. Note: we did have WAY too much cake. I was glad to take some home to freeze it for later, but we could have ordered much less.

Photographers: 35 Atlanta - we don't have the pictures yet, so this is an incomplete review...but Tyler and Lauren were great to work with and very professional. I can't wait to see the pictures!

DJ: Lou from Spectrum Entertainment - Lou did a great job. I wanted to dance, and he got everyone dancing! We enjoyed working with him - he has a ton of experience and he was very attentive to our needs and requests (like how much crowd interaction do we want, etc.).

Coordinator: Leah from The Whole Shebang provided day-of services and she was fantastic. I was completely confident in her and she had everything under control. People asked if she was a friend because she was so nice and not militant/bossy like some coordinators can be.

Flowers: Candler Park Flowers did our bouquets, bout's for the guys and corsages for the moms. They were beautiful and modern/simple - they looked chic. They are not far from Trees Atlanta (our venue), so it was easy to pick them up on the way to the wedding.

Dress: J.Crew - our wedding wasn't extremely formal, so their Gracie dress was perfect. I was comfortable and got lots of compliments. :O) I tried it on at the store at Lenox Mall first. I will note that I wasn't thrilled with the wedding person there - we were kept waiting for our appointment because the bride before us was running late, then when it was finally my turn (about 45 minutes late), she didn't actually help us - a regular sales person did. It turned out fine, but it was kind of irritating.

Re: Vendor reviews

• edited December 2011

Thanks for sharing!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank so much for the review!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    I didnt see anything on the Trees website about a venue. Do you have any photos or contact information for the venue?
  • edited December 2011
    I also looked at the website for Trees Atlanta because it sounds so neat, but did not see anything about the venue either. Can't wait to see your pics, your wedding sounds like it was awesome!! :)
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello again! Here's a link to some pictures of their space: http://www.treesatlanta.org/TreesAtlantaKendedaCenter.aspx

You can dim the lights so it doesn't look so bright/work-like. :o) I also put candles in glass vases all along the windows in the main room and we had votives on all the tables, which looked great - created some warm light and the candles reflected in the windows.

The pictures don't show they have a bar/kitchen built across from the inner courtyard (there's a picture of the tables in front of it though). We used the whole place, including the board room (we took the tables/chairs out). I used their tables and chairs for guest seating and the chairs for the ceremony (inside) and we rented a few high boys for in front of the bar (in place of the tables that are usually there) and for in the board room (where we had the hors d'oeuvres set up).

The contact person is Joe Staley, and there's contact info and more info about capacity here: http://www.treesatlanta.org/FacilityRental.aspx

I'll check in again to see if there are other questions... :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards