Georgia-Atlanta
Options

FAVOR HELP!!!

The FI and I are on a very strict budget for our wedding as it is. Most everything has been decided except for the favors! We have a lot of out of town guests coming in and wanted to do a little something. I wanted to do some buckeyes in a tiny brown paper bag with a stamp or sticker (my step-father is from Ohio), but with 150 guests, that's a LOT of buckeyes to make and freeze. What is something inexpensive but not cheesy that we could get or make, and possibly still use the paper bags? WE NEED HELP!!!! Thanks for all responses!

Re: FAVOR HELP!!!

• Options
    Cookies, Hershey Kisses or some other kind of candy
  • Options
    I'm not help on favors BUT I wouldn't stress too much about favors. They aren't a must have and if you can't afford them don't feel bad. I have ZERO favors from the bazillion weddings I've been too and out of respect for the bride and groom I normally just leave them instead of taking them and throwing them away the next day. 

Make sure your guests have a BLAST at your wedding and you'll be fine. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options

I agree that you absolutely do not need favors.  However, I agree that they're a nice gesture.  We're actually having buckeyes for 1/2 of our favors (I'm from Ohio too).  You make them in such a big bulks that I think you or someone you know could easily make 300 and give each guest 2.  You can make them ahead of time and freeze too.  I planned on buying them from this site:
    http://www.oldtimecandy.com/harry-london-candy-wholesale.htm

But, recently my sister offered to make them.  She's making them a few days before. 

Hope this helps and good luck!

• Options
    You do not need favors. If you do decide to do favors, please make them edible. 9/10 guests will throw them away otherwise. I'm making pecan praline fudge : )
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    My fiance and I are planning to buy these:
    http://weddingshop.theknot.com/plantable-card-favors.aspx
    They are inexpensive, cute, and may acutally get used!
  • Options
    Great advice ladies! Thank you all so much for your ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards