Georgia-Atlanta

Marriage License ???

We both live in Gwinette and planning on getting married in Oct.  Where do we get marriage License also if we do not have birth certificate will a passport work?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marriage License ???

• Sorry we are planning to get married in Helen, GA

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If at least one of you are a resident of the state of GA (any county) you can get your license anywhere in GA, so it would make sense to get it in Gwinnett. No need to do it in Helen. This would only need be if you were both residents of like TN or SC wanting to get married in Helen.

We took our birth certificates, but I think a passport will work because you had to have a birth certificate to get a passport...I would call them and see. You will also need your DL or state issued ID. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • We only needed our Drivers Licence, no birth certificate requested

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_marriage-license-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:18422bba-a08a-4306-9c92-c31d9d649bb9Post:991592a1-702c-4586-a2b4-3dcf19757594">Re: Marriage License ???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We only needed our Drivers Licence,<strong> no birth certificate requested</strong>
    Posted by soontobereed0508[/QUOTE]

<div>We definitely needed ours in Gwinnett, and that is where OP said she lives so thus the best place to get it I guess. </div><div>
    </div><div>Per the Gwinnett County Probate website: </div><div>
    </div><div>For identification purposes, each applicant for a Marriage License shall provide to the Court at the time of application one of the following: (a) <strong>a certified original birth certificate <u>AND</u> an original, government issued picture I.D.</strong> (Driver's License or State I.D. Card), that has NOT expired;<strong> or (b) a valid passport </strong>from any country, military I.D. card, Permanent Resident Card, or Certificate of Naturalization.</div><div>
    </div><div>So OP it sounds like if you have a passport, you should be ok. Call and make sure though. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards