Georgia-Atlanta

QOTD 11/22/10

Is the groom not seeing the bride in her wedding dress before the ceremony an outdated tradition?

I'm actually pretty torn on this. I would LOVE for him to see me for the first time as I walk down the aisle, but then it would also be pretty great if he saw me in my dress for the first time in a more private setting - like before the ceremony while we take pictures or something. As far as it being outdated, I don't think so.

Re: QOTD 11/22/10

• edited December 2011
    Outdated? No. A bit silly? Yes.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's outdated, but I guess I just don't understand what the big deal about it is.  I think it makes a lot more sense to take your pics before the ceremony so that you're not leaving your guests waiting for 1-1.5 hours after the ceremony.  I was at one wedding where it took 2 hours for the WP to make it to the reception.
    Photobucket
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's outdated.  People are just putting a new spin on it.  We will do a "first look", which I hope will be just as special as seeing each other for the first time at the ceremony.  Maybe even more special since we will have a few private moments to ourselves.
  • kxhamiltonkxhamilton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's outdated, but I think more and more people are choosing to forego the tradition in favor of spending more time with their guests by getting pictures done before the ceremony. I can't wait for our "first look"!
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is an old superstition. We are going to see eachother before the wedding to take care of pics and any other last minute things that may come up.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • jasmined31911jasmined31911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm torn as well. I love the mystery of not seeing each other beforehand. But, I also love the idea of us sharing a special, alone moment together before the ceremony. I have seen some really cool pictures done with this too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards