Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Dress Shopping...

Can anyone recommend places near Atlanta to buy an affordable wedding dress. I would like to find something under 1500 dollars. Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks,

Re: Dress Shopping...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Formally Yours in Lilburn.  It's not a super-fancy shop, but they have a good selection of nice dresses.  They also had prices that were a little bit better than other shops for the same items.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gosh there's a shop in Newnan...but I cannot remember the name of it, I think they're prices were reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Elegance is the best! I had TONS of designer selections to choose from that were under $1500 and the owners are very sweet and personable! Highly Recommended!
  • Options
    Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check Bridal Sense (Sandy Springs), Sophies' Bridal (Duluth), Bride Beautiful (Sandy Springs).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When are you looking to get married? I went to running of the brides at like 1p in the afternoon and first dress I loved and it mine. It's a $2,300 I GOT FOR $550! It's excellent condition. No problems. I love it! It occurs in april/may if you can wait, it's sooo worth it. There are only like 500 people who end up coming, most in the morning, and over 10,000 dresses! I got such a deal on my dream dress!
  • Options
    mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to be checking out a place called New Natalies's Bridal in the next week or so. One of my co-worker's daughter got her dress there for $600, she said there was a great selection of dresses for less than $1,000. It is located close to downtown Atlanta, off Howell Mill Road and Chattahoochee Avenue. http://newnatalies.com/bridal/
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest Etain in Newnan. Her markup is much lower than other retailers. My dress which was $1250 everywhere else she was selling for $825
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Was the running of the brides for Filene's basement?  They just declared bankrupcy and are closing all of their stores! 

I also recommend Etain in Newnan and Fabulous Frocks in Senoia.  Close enough that you can hit both in one day!
  • Options
    kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Bride Beautiful in Sandy Springs and they had plenty of dresses in your range.  My dress hasn't come in yet, but so far I've been happy with them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:2dae17b0-328f-45ef-ac58-2b6228a69363Post:84907b6b-5054-4e2f-85e2-8435a21ceffa">Re: Dress Shopping...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to be checking out a place called New Natalies's Bridal in the next week or so. One of my co-worker's daughter got her dress there for $600, she said there was a great selection of dresses for less than $1,000. It is located close to downtown Atlanta, off Howell Mill Road and Chattahoochee Avenue. <a href="http://newnatalies.com/bridal/" rel='nofollow'>http://newnatalies.com/bridal/</a>
    Posted by mrsbrantley[/QUOTE]

I just visited their website. They're having a Black Friday sale from 11/25 to 11/28.  I'm going to check them out for sure. The flyer said they'll have gowns for $99 and $199. I'm definitely going to make my way over there.
  • Options
    holthcmholthcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Elegance!!!  They are so nice and helpful... I really really have enjoyed my experience with them.
    The only two stores in Atlanta that sell my dress are Bridals by Lori and Sweet Elegance... Bridals by Lori sells it for over double the price.  Ridiculous!!!
  • Options
    McGuffin11McGuffin11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a personal shopping experience for designer gowns (at a fraction of the price!) visit Le Dress Boutique in Buckhead at the corner of Peachtree and Piedmont Rd.

The owner has a great story (on her website) and since she's earger to make a sale, you're likely to get a deal if you find exactly what you want and offer to pay in cash.  Here's the web site.

Also, she deals in fancy party dresses too. So, even though I didn't buy a wedding gown here, I might be back for new years ;) 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You must check out ATLANTA BRIDE COUTURE ... you can get a dress in the $3K range for $1500 !! 

Atlanta Bride Couture
    20 Milton Avenue
    Alpharetta, GA 30009
    404-229-8690

Ask for Sara !!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Atlanta Bride Couture is amazing !!   They have over 500+ gowns on the floor to chose from and can order from almost any vendor.  Read the reviews for yourself
  • Options
    Twilight1985Twilight1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you find a dress?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards