Georgia-Atlanta

not sure if I will find help but...its worth a shot!

When I signed up for the knot, it gave me two choices for choosing my local area..ATL (2.5 hours north of me) and Savannah (4 hours) So of course I picked Atlanta..and now I'm having just a bit of problems finding photographers etc. There aren't an abundance of them in my area and I don't have an extra large budget for photography. Our entire budget is $2000 and that's for everything not including the dress/bride accessories. The few photographers I have found in my area want $1900-$2500. Is this the norm? Does anyone here know of some that are good but less expensive? When I google photographers in my area I'm basically coming up with nothing and I don't have a lot of friends to ask who they use or know of..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: not sure if I will find help but...its worth a shot!

• Where do you live?  Maybe we can send you photographer options that we have found.
  • 2k and upwards is the norm for a professional photographer in the Atlanta area. With the budget you stated you are best off searching craigslist for a new or hobby photographer or trying to find a student photographer. Even then, expect to pay at least 400-500$.
  • ivedonethisb4ivedonethisb4 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    My ceremony will be in Ellaville GA at my family church then we're taking a 15 minute trip to Plains GA for the reception. They're both teeny tiny towns as in Eville has one redlight and Plains while being the home to President Jimmy Carter has only a caution light :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Look on Craigslist. You can find photographers who are trying to build their portfolio and offer their services cheap or sometimes free.
  • I would check around Columbus and Macon, maybe Albany. Students in photography school will charge less, but there is some truth to :"you get what you pay for." 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I don't know much about her but I saw this photographer at the Columbus bridal show I went to with my best friend -- SJS Photography.  Sounded like she would create a custom package for each bride.  Hope it helps! 
  • go to a local art school or facility that holds photo classes (like callenwolde near Emory) and ask if there are any decent student photographers that are looking to make some extra $ for the job

• Have you checked Splash Of Life Portraits? She has done stuff for us before and is very professional and reasonably-priced...I think weddings start around $500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards