Georgia-Atlanta

Plus sized brides

Ok, I need to know where the best place for a plus sized bride to go try on dresses is in the Atlanta/south of Atlanta area. I went to the DB in Morrow...and they had maybe 2 dresses in a 16/18 for me to try on....honey, I was squeezed into it like a sausage. It was disheartening because then the other stuff you want to try on doesn't look good at all, and I am sorry, but you can't tell what a dress will look like ON if you just kinda put it on unzipped/laced or just hold it up to you....

Suggestions?

Re: Plus sized brides

• Have you tried Alfred Angelo in Dunwoody? I did not look for wedding gowns when I was there (BM dresses), but I have heard they have a better selection of plus sized gowns than DB. 

Just call ahead to whatever stores you want to look at and ask about how many styles they have in your size range. That will save you some wasted trips. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited January 2012
    I don't know how willing you are to driving farther out... but A Formal Occasion on Bells Ferry Rd. carries up to size 28 dresses.

I'm surprised about DB... I thought they normally carried plus sized dresses at their stores.
  • Yes, I had a wonderful experience at Davids Bridal - but do call ahead as I'm sure not every store is the same. 
  • The DB in Morrow was not a good choice....but the one in Kennesaw apparently has a decent selection. I have an appointment for Tuesday. I'll let you know how that goes. I was thinking of trying an Alfred Angelo store. The closest one to me is in Carrollton. I think Dunwoody is a pretty good drive for me. (I am closer to Newnan...)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards