Georgia-Atlanta

Inexpensive Wedding Dress?! HELP

Hello I am in cobb county but willing to drive. I am looking for places, consignments, boutiques, whatever for an inexpensive wedding dress :) I am not opposed to used or renting a dress. We decided this weekend to a ceremony in december, so im trying not to panic. My fiance is in the military so its just me planning and doing everything. thanks in advance for any help

Re: Inexpensive Wedding Dress?! HELP

• DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    What's your budget? I grew up in Cobb and my best friend got her dress for $350 at the David's Bridal in Kennesaw. You should have plenty of time to buy a new dress and have it come in from there. 

I know Bridals by Lori has an outlet section you can look at online. You have to have some patience because there's no search function for size or style,and they include MOB and special event dresses as well, but you can get designer dresses that they've used in the store for under $1,000 (mostly). Some of them have light damage from being tried on so much, but if you're looking for a deal and don't mind replacing some beading, that's a good choice too. Especially since you can just go to the store and pick it up and have the dress immediately (as opposed to ordering a new one from David's). http://www.gownsource.com/AllVendors.html

La Raines boutique also runs a bridal outlet for discount designer gowns. It's mostly off the rack, which means you buy it right then and there and take it home. According to the website they just introduced a new line available for order from $500-$1,000. They take 16 weeks to come in, which would be cutting it close for you, but it couldn't hurt to look. 

Good luck! 

ETA: Additional options

Of course, there's always ebay, and specialty bridal sites that are online only. I only warn against online only because you don't have the opportunity to go in-store and see the dress. It's always buyer beware because you take the risk of buying something that's not genuine and looks completely different (or fits completely wrong) than it did online and you will probably spend the next months leading up to your wedding panicking, trying to get a refund if you can, and looking for a replacement. 
  • I just found out about a consignment shop in Sandy Springs tonight.  Apparently you can view their inventory online.  They seem to have some excellent deals.  Seems well worth checking out in my opinion.  I hope you find exactly what you want.

http://www.bridalsense.com/
  • It just depends on what you consider inexpensive but I went to New Natalies. Try searching the knot first under wedding gowns and filter based on $$$ how much you want to spend. Of course the lesser dollar signs are on the lower end, but sometimes I think TK just filters how it wants. Then when you find a dress you like click find stores near you and call to see if they will give you price ranges. Also check Atlanta bridal events page for sales at different stores. GL
  • thanks for your help everyone. I am shooting for under $500. 
  • I just got the most beautiful dress at Davids Bridal in Kennesaw for $350.  It was in the clearance section and fits like a glove.  You can always opt for their online purchases, if you are bold enough.  TONS of dresses for under $300!  Also try Craigslist.
  • Check out J Crew's wedding dresses! They have some gorgeous dresses and some of them are really inexpensive. Plus some of them have pockets.. which just makes me really happy for some reason :)

http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding_Bride.jsp?navLoc=left_nav
  • Try Light in the Box. I haven't used them but there are tons of reviews and user submitted pics of the dresses.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/wedding-dresses_1181
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a dress I am sell to you.  What size are you looking for? also what style? there are a couple of dress shops here in augusta, ga that have good prices!! you can email me if thats easier! tbone2@aug.edu
  • The bridal exchange in woodstock is AMAZING!
  • I have a dress I am currently trying to sell on craigslist.

For Sale - Size 8 - David’s Bridal Satin Trumpet Gown with Obi Sash w/additional sash, veil, faux fur stole, and garment bag. $250 OBO. Will sell dress with additional sash for $200 if you don't care for the other accessories.

Gown - Style T9293 - Color White Truffle - (Discontinued) - Original Retail $350

Sash - Style S130 Truffle - Original Retail $59.00

Chapel Length Veil - Original Retail $30.00

Handmade Faux Fur Stole- Original Retail $30.00 (New)

David’s Bridal Garment Bag- Original Retail- $10.00

Total Value $479.00

Beautiful Dress. Excellent/Like New Condition. Professionally cleaned.  No Stains or Tears.

Dress Reviews

http://reviews.davidsbridal.com/7294/DB2841/t9293-satin-trumpet-gown-with-obi-sash-with-beaded-detail-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=reviewTextLength

Marietta/Kennesaw Area.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards