Georgia-Atlanta

Married at Madison Oaks? Or mostly diy? Help!

I am super recently engaged and want to be a June bride so I'm trying to book a venue b4 the good ones are gone!

Has anyone gotten married at Madison Oaks or done a most diy venue where they only provided the space?

I need prices to decide if I want to use them or another venue!

I literally need everying at Madison Oaks: Tables, chairs, tents, food, cake, decor, alcohol. 

Is it worth the stress of shopping around to find it all or should I go with the more beautiful and closer all inclusive place??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Laughing

Re: Married at Madison Oaks? Or mostly diy? Help!

• DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    This June, or next June. I think a totally DIY wedding can be done, but if you are talking next month you might literally have to devote every spare moment to doing it. It'll take time and lots of patience, but if you want to be a June 2012 bride, go for it. 

I'm in a wedding this September at Summerour (near Atlantic Station) and that venue doesn't provide too much either (on the plus side it's BYOB which is AWESOME!!!) but the bride has said repeatedly, although she loves the venue (and it really is cool) if she had to do it over again she would NEVER go with a venue that didn't at least offer the majority of what you need. Now, I should say she's not particularly crafty or DIY inclined, but we will be doing some stuff in the weeks leading up to her wedding. 

As for me, I'm getting a full service wedding planner. So that should explain my take on doing things (I don't like it! Someone is doing it all for me. Haha!)

If your wedding is next June 2013, you have plenty of time to plan and DIY, so do it if you love the venue!
  • laurapslauraps member
    First Comment
    I was in a wedding that was at Madison Oaks! Such a beautful place and super wonderful staff. We stayed there for the weekend and it was a fairytale wedding! The wedding was perfect there. It was in October so my only concern would be the heat during June. Are you thinking this June? Like in a few weeks? You would have to book it and pretty much let them do everything if you are planning on one that quick! I know they would make it beautiful though! Good luck!
  • gkj24gkj24 member
    First Comment
    In Response to Married at Madison Oaks? Or mostly diy? Help!:

I was married at Madison Oaks last April and LOVED everything about it being all inclusive. it is completely worth the price you pay at Madison Oaks to not have to shop around for all the additional things you need besides the venue. Plus, Madison Oaks is so beautiful you hardly need to go overboard on flowers which can be a major chunk of the wedding budget. People ask me all the time if I would change anything about my wedding/planning process and I honestly can say that I would not change a thing. The weekend my family, husband and I spent at Madison Oaks is one of our fondest memories and worth every penny to have forever.
  • I am in the middle of planning a wedding at Madison Oaks right now.  We are getting married thisSeptember.  I  HIGHLY recommend them as a venue.  Cheryl is the inn keeper and has been so easy to work with!!!!  She has been great about recommendations but never pushes anything on you.  Our wedding is completely DIY.  We looked into quite a few other locations and I never felt comfortable picking a place that told you the vendors that you had to use.  I compared prices at all these places and felt we could get more bang for our buck here.  We have the Inn to ourselves for the whole weekend.  Most of the other venues were about 7 hour rentals.  It is more work to do it yourself but I think it will all be worth it in the end! If you do decide to book the inn take a look at Hallie Janes Catering.  They pretty much can help you with all the extras that Madison Oaks would need you to bring in. Good luck with your wedding planning and enjoy every moment of it!

erin

In Response to <a href="http://atlanta.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_married-at-madison-oaks-or-mostly-diy-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:476a4f57-9aae-4c49-b740-b03fc4de6996Post:ba56cd5b-5658-4028-a72d-94f5f79c88f0">Married at Madison Oaks? Or mostly diy? Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am super recently engaged and want to be a June bride so I'm trying to book a venue b4 the good ones are gone! Has anyone gotten married at Madison Oaks or done a most diy venue where they only provided the space? I need prices to decide if I want to use them or another venue! I literally need everying at Madison Oaks: Tables, chairs, tents, food, cake, decor, alcohol.  Is it worth the stress of shopping around to find it all or should I go with the more beautiful and closer all inclusive place?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated 
    Posted by marylauren1189[/QUOTE]
  • My daughter is getting married at Madison Oaks this October. We are doing much of it ourself. The wonderful thing about this venue is that you just don't need to go crazy with decorations - flowers. The venue is beautiful already. I have seen pictures of everything at this venue from super formal to vintage and it all works out beautifully. Wedding guests are always in awe of this venue so whatever you do will be a huge hit! Cheryl the innkeeper is very helpful in giving suggestions for vendors for all budgets! GO FOR IT at Madison Oaks...you won't be disappointed....but you should book early to get the date you want.
  • My daughter is getting married at Madison Oaks this October. We are doing much of it ourself. The wonderful thing about this venue is that you just don't need to go crazy with decorations - flowers. The venue is beautiful already. I have seen pictures of everything at this venue from super formal to vintage and it all works out beautifully. Wedding guests are always in awe of this venue so whatever you do will be a huge hit! Cheryl the innkeeper is very helpful in giving suggestions for vendors for all budgets! GO FOR IT at Madison Oaks...you won't be disappointed....but you should book early to get the date you want.
  • My daughter was married at Madison Oaks exactly a year ago.  I can only encourage you to pursue this venue.   The Inn and staff were wonderful to us and the girls in the wedding party who stayed at the Inn. It was beautiful and the pictures were amazing.  Our family and friends still talk about the wedding and the beautiful settings.   We had the rehearsal in the back yard the night before.

We did puchase a few things to save money.  However, that is totally up to you.  Nancy Kuperberg helped with our wedding cordinating and she was amazing. Please use her.
    Good Luck.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_married-at-madison-oaks-or-mostly-diy-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:476a4f57-9aae-4c49-b740-b03fc4de6996Post:ba56cd5b-5658-4028-a72d-94f5f79c88f0">Married at Madison Oaks? Or mostly diy? Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am super recently engaged and want to be a June bride so I'm trying to book a venue b4 the good ones are gone! Has anyone gotten married at Madison Oaks or done a most diy venue where they only provided the space? I need prices to decide if I want to use them or another venue! I literally need everying at Madison Oaks: Tables, chairs, tents, food, cake, decor, alcohol.  Is it worth the stress of shopping around to find it all or should I go with the more beautiful and closer all inclusive place?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated 
    Posted by marylauren1189[/QUOTE]
  • I am designing a wedding at Madison Oaks and we are making the place completely DIY. I am supplying the farms tables, decor, lighting, etc. Check out www.wrennwooddesign.com
  • If you don't mind me asking could you give me a ballpark range on your budget? It would be next June for sure :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards