Georgia-Atlanta

Reception Venue in/near Atlanta (specifically Sharpsburg or Peachtree City)

We live in CA and my cousin is planning a wedding for this Fall there in Georgia.  I am helping her out and I know the Knotties helped me plan my wedding almost 5 years ago so I come to you for direction.

She is moving there with her husband, they'll live in Sharpsburg.  She needs a little chapel and a reception venue.  Almost everyone will be flying into Atlanta and we expect 50-70 guests total. 

Ideally, she would love a barn or outdoor space but it will be Fall so not sure if that works.  Her theme is "shabby chic"

Thanks so much!

Re: Reception Venue in/near Atlanta (specifically Sharpsburg or Peachtree City)

• mnidrvrmnidrvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fayetteville has an old log cabin.  It's the American Legion Hall.  It holds probably 100 people, and it is cute.  Maybe she could check that out?  It's not far from Peachtree City.
  • edited December 2011
    STBS- I sent you a PM!
  • jasmined31911jasmined31911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a chapel in Newnan or Sharpsburg called Cokes Chapel. My friend looked at it for her wedding. I think they have a reception area there too. I'm also getting married on the southside and might be able to help with some other vendors. Let me know if you need any suggestions.
  • sportsgirl34sportsgirl34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Dunaway Gardens! It's beautiful, and is only 6 miles away from Newnan...several different spaces to choose from, only problem is it's outside. The wedding we saw there was in September...it was perfect during the outdoor ceremony but got a little chilly at night, they had one or two space heaters under the tent and that did the trick.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using http://www.meadowlarkgardens.net/index.php as my Ceremony & Reception place. I also am going for a rustic/vintage look for my wedding.
  • fabrehickmanfabrehickman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vinewood Plantation - fabulous "rustic luxe" farm venue situated on 10 pastoral acres in historic Newnan. Get ready for your big day in the 1830s home featured in Southern Living, marry your love under a pecan tree and celebrate in a 5000 sf renovated stable.

Please take a look at our website, facebook page and slideshow to get a sampling of what Vinewood has to offer. 

Maria Fabre HIckman
    678-859-1172 
    maria@vinewoodevents.com

Slideshow:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards