Georgia-Atlanta

Seamtress rec for alterations

Who are you using/ did you use for your dress alterations?

TIA!
I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio

Re: Seamtress rec for alterations

• edited December 2011
    I used Holly from Buckhead Alterations and she was great--404-814-0091  she's very creative and even altered my bra for me
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Dora Baker. I was referred to her by other Knotties. My dress is very tedious to alter and she did a wonderful job and her price was great. I bought my dress in Buckhead and their alteration prices were rediculous. Dora altered, hand cleaned and pressed my dress for the price that the Buckhead shop was going to charge just to clean mine.
    Unfortunately, she is out of the country right now and won't be back until Jan 11th, but she is worth waiting for.

Here's her info: (678) 887-0096
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the rec.  My wedding's not until May so I still have some time, just wanted to find a good seamstress in advance.  I'll def check her out!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the rec.  My wedding's not until May so I still have time, just wanted to find a good seamstress in advance.  I'll def check her out!
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is in May also, but she said she gets really busy with alterations starting in January, so I went ahead and started the process. I'll just do my final fitting the week of the wedding I guess. 
    edited December 2011
    oh okay, thanks for that info.  I guess I should get started with fittings a little earlier than I thought.
  • elizabethjdelizabethjd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Rodica Lazarian in buckhead 404-240-0109. She altered a dress that was my grandmothers and mothers and it looked amazing and fit like a glove. She will press the dress after the alterations so its all ready for you to wear on your wedding day. She also was able to replicate a viel that I found in a picture for a fraction of the cost. She was literally our favorite vendor.
  • edited December 2011
    I do alterations in the N. GA area and also custom make gowns. 

My most interesting alteration was for a bride that bought a discontinued sample dress that fit well except it was so tight in the sleeves that she could not raise her arms or bend her elbows.  The salon where she purchased the dress said they had no idea how to improve the fit.  After drawing on my 40 years experience as a seamstress and an engineer, I was able to devise a way to enlarge the bodice and redo the sleeves with the remnants salvaged from the hem.  On her wedding day she was able to dance with her arms around her groom's neck!  For this I only charge her $175 which included hemming the four layers of the dress.

Contact Gaetana at 706-375-1785 or gownsbygaetana@msn.com  for more information.
    Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards