Georgia-Atlanta
Options

QOTD 12/28/10

Can I just say how sick I am of being sick? This is the second time this season. Grrr. Also - due to the trippy effects of nyquil and mucinex I completely lost a day. I'm not just talking about my questions. I just  totally lost a day lol. Anyways:

What's the worst planning mistake you've made or seen someone else make?

I think the worst thing I've seen time and time again is inviting too many people. A lot of people invite 100 people when they only have the budget/space for 75 figuring that x amount of people won't show up. I've always felt it's better to over estimate, so even though I've invited 92 people, I'm still calculating my budget to be for 100.

Re: QOTD 12/28/10

• Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spending WAY. TO. MUCH. MONEY!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, it's funny but I've heard a lot of brides say "I wish I'd spent more money on ________."
  • Options
    dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the biggest planning mistake I've seen is just general wasteful spending on insignificant items.  One of my friends told me that she spent $150 on programs and at the end of the night, more than 75% of them were left on chairs, tables, etc.  She felt like it was such a waste and advised me to either print my own, or go without them completely.  I think it's so easy to get caught up in all the fun little details, but at the end of the day, they aren't what people will remember, so I'm really trying to focus on the big stuff and DIY as much as I can to save money!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards