Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Oh FI...(NWR Vent)

I love my FI to death but the man is not good at managing money. Starting tomorrow I will now be handling his finances, so he paid his water bill that was $18...but he put the decimal in the wrong place so they took out $1800! Now he's totally overdrawn! This has been going on for two weeks now! He finally got his lawyer friend involved today after telling FI that they would give him his money back by Monday  now the water company is jerking him around saying they still won't give the money back! They need another 4 weeks to review it! He owed $18 and he paid $1800 what's to review?! He has other bills that need to be paid like his MORTGAGE! I am just so pissed out, I mean yes he made a mistake but there's no way they should keep his money! Not even the water company's lawyer understands why they won't give him back his money, the bank has already said the money cleared the bank, which is what the Water Company said they needed so FI got them a letter from the bank saying yes the payment had been cleared.

Gosh i'm just so frusterated! FI needs his money back, bills have to be paid and I just don't have the money to loan him. I can help him with one mortgage payment but that's it. I have my own bills.

Re: Oh FI...(NWR Vent)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just called Cark Howard's volunteers, feel so much better even they said he should get his money back. I got two numbers to call and complain too!

• Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to take over our finances. It was almost a condition to getting engaged. He is TERRIBLE! I feel your pain, Marianne!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks i'm glad someone else had experienced it too! I hope it gets taken care of!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY FI will be getting his money back tomorrow! I am so happy!!!! Now I start taking over the finances!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards