Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: It's Wednesday...

• edited December 2011
    Confess - I am really bummed I didn't make the GTG. It looks like it was a great time!

AW - Just got a memo from the boss that the office will be closed on Monday to observe the holiday, which is a total shocker because last year he was totaly against  giving us off on Friday to observe the holiday!
  • edited December 2011
    Bigtime AW: My final fitting is tonight and I am ridiculously excited to have my dress on again, and for it to be pressed and ready to wear! Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I'm having a rough time this week, and my patience are very, very, VERY thin.  I hope I can survive until the weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    My niece hit the 3 pound mark today!!! She is doing really great and should hopefully come home in the next month!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_its-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:45942e1c-ed7e-4017-b7e3-440b2c0a1d6aPost:5eabae3b-d98a-49a3-92c1-bb401f7fbbd2">Re: It's Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My niece hit the 3 pound mark today!!! She is doing really great and should hopefully come home in the next month!
    Posted by jennyinyellow[/QUOTE]

That is great! How premature was she? She must be so cute and tiny! Good luck to her!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_its-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:45942e1c-ed7e-4017-b7e3-440b2c0a1d6aPost:ac2f5357-c2dd-492c-a94d-3d78fe6c1339">Re: It's Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Wednesday... : That is great! How premature was she? She must be so cute and tiny! Good luck to her!
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

She was born May 15th at 27 weeks weighing 1.5 pounds. She is such a little peanut!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    Confession:  I did not let myself leave the office last night until I purchased wedding shoes.  I went on zappos and bought over $400 in shoes.  I spent so much that they upgraded my shipping from 5-day ground to overnight and the shoes are on the truck for delivery right now!  I'm planning to try them all on, choose one, send the rest back, and finally cross the stupid things off my list!

Whine: I hate the neighborhood where I work!! I cannot wait to look for a new job after the wedding. Hopefully something with a better commute, better food and shopping options, and the ability to walk outside without fearing for my life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jen i'm glad she's doing well!!
  • edited December 2011
    Jen - That is great news!

Cara - pics of shoes please :)
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    AW - to sort of make up for the tire fiasco yesterday:  I won tix this morning to see the acapella group Straight No Chaser at Harrah's AC July 14th!
  • edited December 2011
    When is the sow, musicheals? 

Confession: My husband may have been in an a capella group in college and I may be somewhat familiar with the work of Straight No Chaser ;)
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Evil Woman in Rental Office:
      Why did you think I was standing in front of the coffee machine with a coffee cup in my hand?  It's wasn't to stand there and watch your dog do trick.  Why would you brew coffee and just leave it there. And what a-hole brews the last bit of coffee and doesn't tell anyone?  Aparently you.
      Oh, and that 'Unlucky you' comment- totally uncalled for.  I know that blue BMW is yours.  If something disgusting just happens to spill all over it (say.. coffee)  it wasn't my fault.  Just sayin'.

Love,
      Caffiene Deprived.

AW:  Final dress fitting is in an hour!!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I like straight no chaser!  I have their "Africa" on my ipod.
  • edited December 2011
    Open Letter:

Dear GM,

Get your $hit together.  You showed up at the shower 2 hours late when it was only a 3 hour shower.  You agreed to be at FI's bach party in 2 weeks, but then contacted him yesterday, after plans are in place, to tell him you forgot it was your son's bday party that weekend??? WTF?  Really?  I hope you at least try to make it to AC for Friday night.  If not, your a crappy friend in my book.

It was a nice touch that you also lost the invitation to the wedding that we sent you and that your gf wants "steak" for dinner... that's not even one of our entrees!  You've been irresponsible and undependable for as long as I've been with FI.  Time to grow up.

Love,
    How to lose friends and alienate people
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_its-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:45942e1c-ed7e-4017-b7e3-440b2c0a1d6aPost:386c61ff-e320-4d95-82e9-3583e47cc157">Re: It's Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>When is the show, musicheals?</strong>  Confession: My husband may have been in an a capella group in college and I may be somewhat familiar with the work of Straight No Chaser ;)
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]

LRM:  read my post again.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_its-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:45942e1c-ed7e-4017-b7e3-440b2c0a1d6aPost:5afb7824-fd6c-4113-bcb5-2f77a8324032">Re: It's Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Wednesday... : LRM:  read my post again.
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

Sorry.  My reading abilities were clouded by my love for a cappella there...
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_its-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:45942e1c-ed7e-4017-b7e3-440b2c0a1d6aPost:8ecce5a0-a8f4-4ca5-b69d-01cf9f46835a">Re: It's Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Wednesday... : Sorry.  My reading abilities were clouded by my love for a cappella there...
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I'm really looking forward to it!  I heard their "12 Days of Xmas" on the radio a few months ago and I cracked up laughing!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    You'll appreciate this then, musicheals...the group my husband belonged to sang a Christmas Medley based off their 12 Days of Christmas song every year.  It kind of changed and evolved each year as new members came into and left the group - here's the most recent incarnation from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDkTS8CmCGE
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of that group- but if it helps, I loved Andy's  a capella group on 'The Office' ;)

I confess that while I'm really really excited to move in with FI to our first apartment together this weekend- I'm also a little bit of a baby and I'm a little sad to leave my house and my parents. :(  I'm really close with them and my Dad is hysterical so we have lots of laughs together, so I'll miss being able to see them and just have family dinners. Don't get me wrong- I cant wait for FI and I to have our own place and have privacy but it will def take some getting used to  
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Jess, that's really sweet.  I confess that although my legal address was my parents' house until I graduated from college, I haven't really "lived" there since the summer after my freshman year.  The decision was mutual and we love each other a lot - just can't be under the same roof for more than a week or so!  This means DH and I lived on and off together out of wedlock for a while :X
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha  thanks
    My mom is pretty conservative so the 'living in sin' doesn't fly with her-- but apparently she's okay with it if its only 3-4months before the wedding ;)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah - my parents moved in together years before they got married, as well, so they really had no leverage.  We did summers together in college at DH's first apartment and moved in together officially after I graduated.  so we are going on six years living together at least part-time.  Wow.  I feel old.
  • edited December 2011
    LRM - I confess that I'm 31 years old and have been living on my own since college.  And my legal address is STILL my parents house. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I think its just easier that way, especially if you rent and move every few years.  I also use my parents' address for some stuff... mostly just the car.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that it is really frustrating that the kid I watch looks at me, says something with a look of question on her face, but I don't know what she is asking. I can't wait for her to talk more.

I confess that in the early time our relationship, I would stay at FI's house a lot, for 6 days at a time, but then go home for a day, then do the same just so I could say I don't live with him. Even though I pretty much did. It freaked me out when I first moved my stuff in 'officially' My mom even said, move your stuff in there already! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I moved around a lot, so it was easier to have a constant address.  Plus, car insurance was way cheaper using their addrses.  However, once I get married, I do change everything over.
  • edited December 2011
    B2B - I'm that way with my friend's kid.  She looks at me and says something... I look at her mom with a look of "huh? what?"... mom translates it for me... I respond to kid.  The kid gets all frustrated with me.  Its pretty sad.
  • edited December 2011
    MH- I think I will understand her better than her parents since I see her a lot more, she just 'talks' a lot but is not making many real words. She says some things. I guess maybe about 15 words.. maybe more. I just wish it was a year from now and she spoke a lot better. She is almost 2 and I have watched her since she was 7 weeks old. I guess I am just wanting to stop talking AT her and start talking WITH her. :)
  • edited December 2011
    When she starts talking I'm sure you'll wish that she was a baby and couldn't talk again!  haha
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_its-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:45942e1c-ed7e-4017-b7e3-440b2c0a1d6aPost:ef353861-940d-467a-94b8-2e51b111ed42">Re: It's Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]When she starts talking I'm sure you'll wish that she was a baby and couldn't talk again!  haha
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

LOL I know, I will want to find the mute button. My brother was like that when he was little, talked too much! My mom would say "Can you just stop talking for one minute?!"  I hope this kid isn't going to talk my ear off. The best is the WHY phase.... why? why? why? Never ending.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards