Georgia-Atlanta
Options

October Wedding Outdoors- help with ceremony time please!

Hey Ladies! (and maybe some gents)

We are having an outdoor ceremony on October 15th of this year. Based on weather and sunlight I am teetering between start times for the ceremony. We are having heavy appetizers at the reception (enough for people to have plenty) and alcohol so I do not want to start too early in the day. I am thinking 4pm-ish? Anyone have any suggestions?

Best of luck to all of you!! And thank you.

Re: October Wedding Outdoors- help with ceremony time please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    October is too cold to have an outdoor ceremony.  I went to one last year and the poor grandmas were shivering the whole time.  I would seriously reconsider.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be a good time. I would even consider 3pm. Try looking for the average temerature on that date and what time would provide the best weather. GL!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want an outdoor wedding, do an outdoor wedding! You never know what the temperature in Georgia will be at any time and this past October it was still in the 70s+. Go for 3-4 pm and that way it'll still be in the warmest part of the day, yet people will still want to party, have a few drinks, dance and have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah with Georgia anything goes these days!
  • Options
    Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    October is not too cold for an outdoor ceremony...we got married outside, last year, in October.  Though the temperature can vary greatly (more towards the end of the month), the weather was great, sunny and warm.. probably 75/76 degrees.

Our ceremony started @ 6 PM and it still allowed for photos to be taken afterwards prior to the sun going down.   We considered 5/530/6 and ultimately chose 6 PM.. it was based on the time of sunset and how long we wanted the reception to run.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sapphire is right on with her recommendation. The sun sets anywhere from 6:45pm to 7:30pm in October depending on the date. So I'd suggest the ceremony at 5:30pm if I had to choose myself. Best of luck to you!

~ Rebecca Bunch
  • Options
    saorisenylsaorisenyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were getting married on the 15th as well, we set the time for 4:30.. went with that after speaking to our photographer on lighting and the officiant's memory of years past.

On Oct 15th of 2010.. we went to my grandmothers house, had dinner, looked at lighting.. its where we are getting married.  Wasn't to cold, wasn't to hot.  Was perfect .. if someone did get chilly a little sweater would be just fine.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We got married in october at 6 pm and it wasnt cold at all. We had perfect weather. Even our reception was outdoors. Everything ended at 11. I would think 4 would be a great time to start.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd think that mid October would be fine for an outdoor wedding, here in the south it stays so warm from about April-October with just a few of those months not being unbearable with the heat and humidity. I'm getting married outdoors the end of September, I think 4pm would be the perfect time because it won't be too cool or too hot plus the sun will still be out.. If you wanted to bump it up 30 min's or an hour though you could.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also having an outdoor wedding on October 15. There is a website through the weather channel that tells the average temperatures, rainfall, etc. for that date. The average temperature high of 74 and low of 56. We are also doing a 4:00 ceremony. I attended a wedding last year in early November that was outdoors and the weather was perfect. I wore a light sweater and was comfortable all day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards