Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Decatur Ceremony Location

Hi, I'm planning a wedding on May 12, 2012, and am looking for a place to hold our ceremony in Decatur, hopefully outside! We already have a reception location, but I'm not having any luck besides this gazebo. We'd just love to have a few options. Thanks for any suggestions you may have! 

Re: Decatur Ceremony Location

• Options
    This link is to a place in Decatur, IL not Decatur, Ga.
  • Options
    We just figured that out this afternoon, which is why we'd never heard of it! 

• Options
    have you looked at the solarium--its technically in oakhurst, but its very nice. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_decatur-ceremony-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:683ccab4-2454-47a1-9d9a-dde43847fbdaPost:65273aa6-aee8-4bf7-9c17-1798830a2d17">Re: Decatur Ceremony Location</a>:
    [QUOTE]have you looked at the solarium--its technically in oakhurst, but its very nice. 
    Posted by sdieffe[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the suggestion! We actually have a reception location and are just looking for a ceremony location.</div>
  • Options
    How many people will be attending? Are you absolutely fixed on having it outdoors? There are lots of beautiful old churches in the decatur area with pretty architectural details. And then you don't have to worry about the weather. The major drawback to many places is no backup in case of rain. If you do have it outdoors, I'd recommend going with a venue that can offer an indoor backup just in case.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So you did look at the bandstand available through the City of Decatur, correct? Here is their URL: http://www.decaturga.com/index.aspx?page=389. Just look for the link that says "Bandstand Rental". May want to look into Agnes Scott College as well. Unsure if Decatur has any other locations that may be worthwhile just for a ceremony. But you may want to call the City's offices to see if they can help you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards