Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Venue for small wedding in metro Atlanta

Hi!  I just started planning my wedding, and I am having a difficult time finding the right venue. Most venues seem geared towards 100 people or more. We are planning a small (about 30 people) wedding this coming fall.  I prefer to stay within an hour or so of the metro area.  I prefer a manor house, gardens, or somewhere laid-back but scenic. All inclusive packages would be ideal, and I would prefer to stay under 5k.  Does this place exist?  I have looked at all the well known places already.

Re: Venue for small wedding in metro Atlanta

• Options
    Have you checked Piedmont Park or the Trolley Barn?
  • Options
    Check out The Devore House in Alpharetta.  http://www.devorehouse.com/

We looked at it and strongly considered it, but the size of our wedding was more than it could handle comfortably.  It's a great location, great venue and nicely decorated.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I went to a wedding at Le Bam art studio (<--clicky). If you're thinking manor house type wedding this might be a bit contemporary for you, but the seated capacity for dinner is 65. they can accommodate around 100, but seem to be suited to smaller weddings around 50. There is an all inclusive package for 50 guests, but that starts at $8,000 so it might be a bit of a stretch. 

I thought the venue was really cool. There's indoor/outdoor space and it has a cool vibe, but it might not be as traditional as it sounds like you want. Check out Agnes Scott college for event space and there are a ton of old, beautiful manor/old south type house near where I used to live in Marietta Square (about 30 minutes outside Atlanta in no/weekend traffic). You can also try restaurant private event spaces. Most of those are more suited to rehearsal dinners and smaller parties (you know, up to 50) and might be just what you're looking for space wise for a smaller reception and to keep costs down. 
  • Options
    jhallam3jhallam3 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We are almost certain we are using Indian Hills Country Club in Marietta for my December wedding with about 70 people.  I think they might be suitable for a smaller wedding also.  The reviews I read from other brides were good and the food/beverage minimum is $4,000.  The venue fee is only $500 but I think they are willing to waive it if you book by the end of February.  The person I spoke with was Kristen Tapley and she has been so sweet.  Feel free to let her know that CJ and Jessica referred you if you decide to check it out.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I second Le Bam. I attended a wedding there with approximately 20-30 guests. It was a perfect and intimate setting for them. I attended the wedding inside with the trees and pretty decor.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    You might want to check out Magnolia Terrace in Helen.  They have an all-inclusive package that will fit your budget.  They specialize in small weddings.  check out http://www.magnoliaterrace.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards