Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Wedding venue prices?

I just got engaged in December and we are thinking of an August wedding.  Our budget is about $7000 and our familiies and friends are taking care of food/drinks/honeymoon.  What are typical prices for venues?  Do you think it's cheaper to go for a place that offers everything, like a baquet hall package, or an empty hall where we would have to rent everything?  Or any other ideas??

Re: Wedding venue prices?

• Options
    I would defintely go with somewhere that has a package deal. $7000 is plenty to find a good venue. For the best bang for your buck, I'd look at smaller towns outside of Atlanta. Kennesaw has some amazing venues. Most that I've seen are around $3000 or so. What kind of feel are you going for? Classic? Rustic? I don't mind helping you look for places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm looking for something classic and informal.  So far I've been looking around Stone Mountain, Lilburn, Norcross area but Marietta/Kennesaw is also an option for me.
  • Options
    How many guests?
  • Options
    About 100 guests
  • Options
    If you decide to consider the south side....

The Hazelhurst House - McDonough
    Lakeshore Manor - High Falls
    Pristine Chapel - Jonesboro
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Rosehalll event center very affordable and different packages to meetdifferent needs
  • Options
    Look at The Veranda in Senoia- beautiful venue, charming town and very affordable!  Good luck!
  • Options
    Carl House is really pretty, has vintage feel but still modern.
  • Options
    Try the Decatur Courthouse! It's not what it sounds like! It's a historical venue with floor to ceiling gorgeous white marble. You can bring your own booze but you do have to get a caterer. But the rental fee is VERY reasonable and would definitely be big enough. I think it only may be $1500 or so, which bang for your buck is a pretty good deal. If you just did heavy app reception then the catering wouldn't get too high either. If not your cup of tea, definitely keep your search to historical landmarks that are not for profit and just non-profits in general. They tend to be WAY cheaper than most venues. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone!  I think we have decided on a place...an event hall which will provide everything and is near to the place we got engaged...pictures!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards