Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Sunday Wedding!?

I have almost decided on a Sunday afternoon wedding, we'll save thousands!
the venue is so much cheaper, we wont need as much alcohol, we're going to do brunch/lunch buffet. I wont have to spend as much on lighting and candles. so my question for you ladies is.... Should we still have a dance floor?? Im thinking chill music, our dj just for announcements, but a pretty laid back sunday afternoon, what do you think about dancing and "our first dance as a couple"?? and any other ideas??
Thanks!!
Carina

Re: Sunday Wedding!?

• Options
    latoya3709latoya3709 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a similar boat - interested in hearing what others have to say.

We are thinking of getting a jazz band and keeping it a bit more laid back.  We're not getting a dance floor, but we still expect there to be a little dancing - we're still having our dance and the traditional dance with parents.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    friends of mine had sunday weddings... the crowd went away much sooner. there wasn't much of a party.
    i think it would be great for a sunday brunch though! :)
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of a more relaxed type of event.  I would not do a dance floor, as it puts pressure on people to dance which can feel awkward in the middle of the day.  Instead, I would set up lots of small conversation areas so people can sit and mingle comfortably.  Good luck!  Let us know what you decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards