Georgia-Atlanta

To drink or not to drink

Okay, I have a question about having a bar at the wedding.. 

I want a bar but I have a few guests that are known for their consumption of copious amounts of alcohol. 

Plus at my cousin's wedding one of the SERVERS got wasted hitting on minors and threw up in a plant. 

I'd really like a classy wedding and no chunks in the garden..lol

Re: To drink or not to drink

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, my FI and I have a similar situation. Neither he nor I drink but most of our guests enjoy drinking. We probably will provide some alcohol, but not much (for free anyway). We will have a few select drinks to provide, but if anyone else wants more than that, thy can either pay or wait until after the reception. We do not have a problem with doing this because we want a fun and drunk-mess free reception.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_drink-not-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:7ce786c3-9b81-47f2-b753-57353c4141a4Post:7576fe31-0979-4685-b6bb-5f094d648bf3">To drink or not to drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I have a question about having a bar at the wedding..  I want a bar but I have a few guests that are known for their consumption of copious amounts of alcohol.  Plus at my cousin's wedding one of the SERVERS got wasted hitting on minors  and threw up in a plant.    I'd really like a classy wedding and no chunks in the garden..lol
    Posted by deguerra[/QUOTE]

You know your guests so think about them and honestly, ask yourself if you think they know how to behave appropriately in the presence of or under the influence of alcohol. The answer to that should answer your problem here. Good luck with it. Let us know what you decide.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Eagles
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yep, but don't punish all the guests just because a few don't know how to act.
  • lucyslovedlucysloved member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are DEFINATELY having booze...and FI and coud be the problems! Hahaha!
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL@lucysloved
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Have a bar. That was her wedding, not yours. That hasn't happened at any of the weddings I have been to. Good luck
  • alison_lewalison_lew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the others - there is no reason to "punish" the majority for a few who are unable to handle their alcohol.  You could always limit the types of drinks offered: wine/beer only, no hard liquor.  Good luck - I am sure it will be great!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_drink-not-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:7ce786c3-9b81-47f2-b753-57353c4141a4Post:7576fe31-0979-4685-b6bb-5f094d648bf3">To drink or not to drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I have a question about having a bar at the wedding..  I want a bar but I have a few guests that are known for their consumption of copious amounts of alcohol.  <strong>Plus at my cousin's wedding one of the SERVERS got wasted hitting on minors  and threw up in a plant</strong>.    I'd really like a classy wedding and no chunks in the garden..lol
    Posted by deguerra[/QUOTE]

Make sure you don't hire this SERVER....lol
    But on a serious note you can have a bar and maybe do it for a set amount of hours, or just have beer and wine.
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were worried about this for our wedding also and everything turned out just fine!!  We had people that get totally rediculous when they drink usually but it turned out, all of them were very under control.  If you are worried about it, serve jsut a few signature drinks only, nothing that will get them too crazy.  As a wedding guest told me when we were deciding on this, "If it is THAT important to them to get wasted that night, they can have a healthy amount at the wedding and go be stupid somewhere else afterward!"
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think I am going to do just beer and wine because a lot of people can't handle their liquor and when it's free they go a little nuts! And I have been to a few weddings where people act ridiculous and/or are vomiting in the bathroom. I think I would lose it if someone did that at my wedding, lol!

~Jamie
  • edited December 2011
    Beer and Wine is all I would do. When we were planning our wedding everyone told us liquor causes a lot of problems at weddings. It is cheaper to go with beer and wine as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards