Georgia-Atlanta

Happy Tuesday!!

Looks like we've got some new and more active members on this board now. Welcome : )

So. What's on the agenda for the week? Anyone have any fun plans? 

Fun question - anyone have any fun guilty secrets? 

I don't have any plans other than preparing for my FIs visit. I haven't seen him since August, so I'm pretty excited

And my guilty secret - I'm super excited about seeing Beauty and the Beast in 3D. Like....indecently excited. But I'm a super nerd and it was my favorite Disney movie, so I guess It's no suprise : )

Re: Happy Tuesday!!

• I asked FI if he would take me to see it. He told me  "No f'ing way" 
    *cry*
    I guess I'll just have to find someone to go with before he gets here, haha
  • nyc1210nyc1210 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm sure even if you go alone, you won't be the only one. It'll probably just be a bunch of 20-something year old women crying like little girls when they kiss. Haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kayjohnsonkayjohnson member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Umm... My FI manages a movie theatre. Who is excited AND got the poster back in October? This girl!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm officially jealous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hahah I get a little spoiled!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_happy-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:7e8e7d08-68d7-448c-b4f0-1c018b1e2345Post:100dce17-0a0a-4757-91f9-be2d8317c53c">Re: Happy Tuesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Umm... My FI manages a movie theatre. Who is excited AND got the poster back in October? This girl!
    Posted by kayjohnson[/QUOTE]<div>
    So you get to see it for free.</div><div>
    <div>You got the official movie poster.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think I might hate you now ; p  *jokes*</div></div>
  • hahahaha I'm a little jealous of YOU! You're getting married in the summer and MUCH sooner! lol
  • Yes, I am getting married sooner but I've been engaged for close to 1 1/2 years - so I've been where you've been! I'm soo excited though. Things are FINALLY getting done!

I love that you're marrying your 3rd grade boyfriend, lol. I'd love to hear the story behind that. 
  • Well... It's kind of complicated. Here goes. I apologize in advance for the length!

He moved to the town I'm from at the beginning of third grade, and I had a huge crush on him. We quickly became like this little old married couple with play dates every weekend, lots of notes when we passed each other's classes in the hall, etc. He came to all my dance recitals with little gifts, and we wnt to each other's 9th and 10th birthday parties. For the next two years, we ere pretty much inseparable. We performed with a children's choir and symphony, and he gave me my very first red rose. In fourth grade, he gave me a "K" pin his mom had found in their basement, and asked me to go for a walk with him on the playground, where he told me he was in love with me. I didn't think I was "allowed" to say it back... It was pretty cute. 

At the end of fourth grade, I moved to live with my mom instead of my grandparents (5 hours away) and we wrote letters for a whole year. He still has them. I drew him pictures and we both wrote about our schools and days, etc. When I came to visit during fifth grade, we even hung out and I still liked him a whole lot. Eventually, communication dropped off entirely. I saw him again in seventh grade when i was in town, but my friends were trying to get me to be "cool", so I blew him off. 

Every once in a while after that, I'd think about him. Mostly little things: when we were little, my grandmother (who died when I was 13) joked that we'd get married. I always wondered what happened to him. I knew he'd also moved, sometime in middle school, and I didn't think i'd ever hear from him again.

A few days after I finished my first year of college, and had just had a terrible breakup, I got a facebook message from Donovan (my FI) saying that he had wondered what happened to me and decided to try to find me. He was dating someone named Callie (my name is Kaylee) and things were going well. I remember feeling a little bummed that he was taken. I found him very cute. We became friendly again and then began facebooking back and forth every couple weeks to check on each other. 

He and the girl eventually broke up, but unfortunately it was about the same time I started dating someone. We remained friends and started to spend even mre time talking. Things with guy I was dating were... not the best, and about six months in, Donovan finally (after a lot of hinting and beating around the bush) told me he really liked me. I knew I liked him a lot, too, and that it wasn't fair to the guy I was dating, so we broke up. Donovan and I had our first date a little over a month later, the day after I got back from my sophomore year of college. 

Things were going great. He told me from the beginning I was the one, and I had never felt like that. About halfway through the summer, however, he broke up with me. I was devastated. He started dating someone else a couple weeks later. I knew i had to let him go, at least for a little while. I deleted him from facebook, and we didn't talk until almost October. He finally sent me a message apologizing and letting me know what had happened. It mostly came down to things being too serious too fast, and being scared. I knew then I still had a chance. I couldn't get him out of my head, and I knew he was the one.

For the next year, I waited patiently (most of the time) for him to come around. Every time he had an issue with his girlfriend or family or work, I was there to help and listen. Slowly throughout the year, we got closer and closer to what we used to have. After a couple more breakups on his part, I got a phone call in May that changed my life forever. He had been being a lot more open as of late, but finally came out and told me he loved me. He said that I was it for him, and he knew he was supposed to marry. We started dating again, and a year and a half later, he got down on one knee and made me the happiest I've ever been!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards