Georgia-Atlanta
Options

All inclusive facilty vs renting

Hi everyone,

I am recently engaged and feeling overwhelmed already. We will be getting married summer of next year. We will have a budget of about 7k. If possible I would like to have something within the perimeter, but if not I am open to something within Gwinnett County, or Dekalb so it is not so far out for friends and family (I live in snellville).

My issue at this time is that I cannot decide if it is more economical to find an all inclusive location or rent a facility and hire outside vendors. If anyone can offer com advise I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dee

Re: All inclusive facilty vs renting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked an all inclusive facility and then figured out that it will be cheaper to do everything myself. Not to mention, much more personalized.

So we found somewhere with a cheap rental fee and I am planning everything myself. I lost $600 (deposit on first venue) from my already small budget of $5000, but it was totally worth it.

You just have to decide what is important to you. An all inclusive venue is going to be more of a "cookie cutter" wedding. If you don't want the stress of planning and dealing with vendors, then this would be good for you. But if you want something more personal that reflects you and your FI, I would not suggest an all inclusive.
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, PP. Perfectly said.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    dcrqueensdcrqueens member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Ladies. I really appreciate your insight. I am going to start putting my lists together:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards