Georgia-Atlanta

OMFG, I'm a total idiot!!

I just ordered my save the dates the other day from VP. I was showing someone the design and realized I put the wrong city in. I'm getting married in Roswell but I put Kennesaw. I don't know why - I don't even live in Kennesaw! I know it's not that big of a deal, but I still feel like a dumba**.

Re: OMFG, I'm a total idiot!!

• edited December 2011
    at least you didn't waste much money!!
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Technically I won't waste any money. I'm not going to reorder them, I don't think I need to. The correct address will be on the invites
  • edited December 2011
    that's true.
    plus, none of mine made any travel arrangements until after the invites were sent out.
    and i put woodstock on the STD's and told them to stay at a hotel in canton. no one has noticed/said anything.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, NBD, IMO. 

It'd be a different story if you were getting married in NYC and put ATL, because then people might book a plane ticket a head of time to the wrong city, KWIM? But Kennesaw/Roswell? People will be flying into Harts/Jacks regardless.

You might wanna send an email or something to your OOTs just in case they start looking into hotels early?
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL that's kind of funny.
     We just put "Atlanta" on ours!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We put "Snellville" on ours and then there was a huge issue about whether or not the venue was in Snellville, Lilburn, or St. Mountain. Apparently the city limit lines are all jacked up.

Thankfully we finally figured out that Snellville is correct and we put that on our invites.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_omfg-im-total-idiot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:8bee61d0-66f4-4d46-900e-f32536134db4Post:1056158a-b60d-4c7b-a7e9-4206c58f5c2d">Re: OMFG, I'm a total idiot!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We put "Snellville" on ours and then there was a huge issue about whether or not the venue was in Snellville, Lilburn, or St. Mountain. Apparently the city limit lines are all jacked up. Thankfully we finally figured out that Snellville is correct and we put that on our invites.
    Posted by MelissaAnne88[/QUOTE]
    Fortunately I don't have that problem, I know the exact address and it's smack in the middle of Roswell so I don't have to worry about it being close to other cities. <div>
    </div><div>I'm not upset about it or anything, I just can't believe I made such a silly mistake. I told my FI and he laughed so hard I thought he might turn blue. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Our venue is 'technically' in Jonesboro... but none Atlanta'ers wouldn't know the difference anyway.

We stuck with Atlanta on the STD's and will put the actually addy on the invites.No biggy... Roswell vs Kennessaw isn't a huge deal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards