Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Travel Issues!!! HELP!!!

Me and my Fiance live in GA and would like to have the wedding here, but most of his family live in CA including his mom. And that would be fine, but him mom is in a nursing home and can not fly because of heart problems and dialysis she is on three times a week. She is very important to him and me, and if we could we would have the wedding out there, but my family is financially unable to afford the cost of the wedding along with plane tickets. If you have any ideas, any at all, they are greatly welcome!!
                    Thanks!,
                               A very overwhelmed bride-to-be

Re: Travel Issues!!! HELP!!!

• Options
    Perhaps find someone with a laptop that could Skype her into the wedding?

If you guys aren't willing to have the wedding in California, his mom can't fly, and you can't afford the plane tickets to fly out there to have the wedding anyways, you're sort of out of options.

I saw on YouTube of someone whose mother was Skyped to her daughter's wedding when the mother was in hospice.
  • Options
    I like PPs options.

Is there any way just you and your FI could fly out there for a vow renewal a few months after your actual wedding or something? That way you could do something for his family there in CA, but you can have your actual wedding that you and FI want in GA. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Thank you!!! Very much!!!! We have deside that we're going to skype her into the cerimony and have it videoed, so that we can show it to her when we go out there on our honeymoon, and have a small reception our there as well. I appreciate everyones input!! It has helped a lot!!  Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards