Georgia-Atlanta

Blackstock Vineyards - Dahlonega, GA....

Anyone else?

We're getting married there in August.  There were a few brides posting in "Vineyards" (theme board) that were supposed to get back and post how their wedding was, but they never did. 

Re: Blackstock Vineyards - Dahlonega, GA....

• lorifrank2003lorifrank2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful venue!  My best friend Lauren got married at Blackstock!  I love all the vineyards up there in Dahlonega.  My wedding photographer also shot Laurens wedding there.  Check out his photo gallery, there are a bunch of pics from that venue if you want to see.  www.chrisbrock.org

I almost got married at Wolf Mountain.  That was my first pick, but my date was already booked when I attempted to make my deposit.  Good luck!  

Lori
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Blackstock on May 7th!! I cannot wait!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    chelseaandtom - you will have to let us know how it went.  There was an older thread in which the person was going to come tell us how it went, but, alas....she disappeared - lol. 
  • edited December 2011
    haha, no problem! I will definitely let you know :) I am so excited about it though! Do you know how you're going to decorate it? Are you using many flowers/what kind of flowers? That's the one thing I haven't figured out, but that's because I'm not planning on having a florist come in to decorate, just doing a few simple things. Our colors are persimmon, yellow, and plum and I don't know what to do flower-wise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hvcherry1hvcherry1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey yall! im also very interested in Blackstock. Im visiting this weekend, but i have not made my final decision, is there anything i should know about black stock? Any cons?
  • edited December 2011
    (I just now found this!)

Do you know how you're going to decorate it?
    Our tables are black table cloths with deep red sparkle organza overlays.  Our centerpieces are flat grapevine wreaths with a tall cylindrical vase filled with a bunch of green grapes (fake) and a bunch of red grapes (fake.)  Beside the cylinder will be shiny glass mosaic votive holders with candles in them.

For the deck area where we will stand for the ceremony, we are renting a rustic arbor from Green Gables made of tree branches as a little added bonus. 

Our head table has a main centerpiece that is a short wrought iron candleabra with three candles, faux dark red dried flowers, pheasant feathers, etc. 

FWIW, we don't really have "colors."  Our wedding is a dark red undertone.  My dress is champagne, and the guys are wearing primarily black with red accents.

Are you using many flowers/what kind of flowers?
    Nope, we're not using many flowers.  We will just have my bouquet and my two girls' bouquets for flowers :)

@hvcherry1
    Haven't had any issues with the winery themselves.  They have been very accomodating in our special requests.
  • BrideofStevenBrideofSteven member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please, please, PLEASE let us know how this turns out!  I'm looking at all of the Dahlonega vineyards right now, putting together pro's and con's for each.  *Such* a difficult decision for us!
  • jaxottojaxotto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I toured BlackStock Vineyards this past weekend. We are looking for an outdoor ceremony and an outdoor reception. By far, this has been the best site that we have seen yet as far as mountain views go. We have also looked at Forrest Hills, Frogtown Cellars, Brasstown Valley, and a ranch that I do not recall the name of. Also, the cooridnator here-Anna- has let us know that we can choose where we want to have the ceremony any where on the site. The cons that I see thus far are that there is not a lot of height to the venue. What I mean by that is that when you look through pictures, since the vines are so short and there is open space behind them (no trees), then the pictures end up looking flat because there is so much empty head space and sky. But, I am a picky picture person. Also, I have seen cons about this place on a blog about hidden fees, but I think that was cleared up when they brought in a wedding cooridnator (anna).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards