Georgia-Atlanta

Ceremony and Reception venue together?

I have been looking for a place online that accommodate up to 130 guests where I can have my ceremony and then immediately have my reception, preferably not a church.  I like the look of a lot of the old historical houses around Atlanta but they can hold 200 guest for a reception if they are standing and 125 guest for a ceremony if they are seated, but not both at the same time.

How do I do both without making my guest wait while they break things down to make space?  Or does anyone know of a space big enough to hold a crowd of 130 that would need to sit for a ceremony and then immediately move over for a reception?  My budget is around $1500 for the venue.  

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony and Reception venue together?

• mallory319mallory319 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flint HIll may fit this - you can book the venue for your budget, but you have to do use them for your catering, so be prepared to spend much more for that....beautiful venue though!
  • edited December 2011

Im getting married at the Biltmore, using both of their ballrooms. The smaller one (imperial) for my ceremony and the larger one (georgian) for my reception. They Im not sure about $1500 but you can check them out and see. They definitely can accodate you space wise. Also if you get married on a Sunday they discount everything 50%. Its definitely worth looking into.
    http://www.novareevents.com/biltmore/index.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Defoor Centre - we're having 150 guests.  Getting married in the "Forum" room and then having our reception in their "Encore" Room.  There's a bar area in between the 2 where we'll have cocktail hour.  Worked out very nicely and it's a beautiful space.  If you prefer you can also get married & have the reception both in the Forum room and the guests hang out in the bar while they flip the room.  It only takes them about 15 minutes to prepare the room for reception after the ceremony. 
    Photobucket
  • slnicholasslnicholas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That location is beautiful.  Catering is so expensive everywhere I look so that's why I am looking for a Sunday wedding with a slim guest list and a one location ceremony/reception.  Saving wherever I can!
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to try the Pavillion at East Cobb.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Big Canoe in Jasper, the prices are pretty reasonable & it is gorgeous up there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Constance Manor in Winder is cheap but doesn't include any catering or anything. But that allows you to shop around for the best price. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Blackstock Vineyards and Winery up in Dahlonega, Ga. It is a BEAUTIFUL venue, can be inside or outside, and has a great price!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

I'm a Wedding Planner in Georgia.  In the ATL it is hard to find something that will serve both.  I know a place off 316 near Athens ( Lots of Hotels for cheaper for out of town guest) Thompson House and Gardens.  They allow you to bring all your own vendors except they have a inhouse Florist.  You should check it out.  I have about 4 Btides from Buckhead that booked there this year.

Wild Flower Event Services
    www.wildflowereventservices.com
    (404) 345-8113
  • edited December 2011
    Naylor hall in Down town Roswell can do that
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Trolley Barn is $2800 on a Sunday (and $3600 on a Saturday so not that much difference). A little higher than your budget but you can save a lot of money though because you can choose your caterer and bring your own alcohol, so that may even things out. You can have the ceremony inside, then the guests can have the cocktail hour on the patio outside while the caterer flips the room.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • evelynsdevelynsd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Big Canoe- Its so beautiful! Im getting married there in 21 days! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards