Georgia-Atlanta

Knottie of the Week - YasJas2011

Tag...you're it! Please share...

Names of the couple?

Wedding Date?

How old are you? Your FI?

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple?

How long have you been dating?

Where did the you meet?

What was your first impression of your FI?

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far?

Any wedding-related challenges yet?

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!

Any favorite vendors yet?

Colors or theme?

What are your top three wedding-related priorities?

Any children yet or furbabies?

Kids at wedding?

Where are you honeymooning?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite tv show?

Favorite wedding dress designer?

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Knottie of the Week - YasJas2011

• edited December 2011
    YAY!!!! IT IS MY TURN!!! I hope that you all enjoy ladies!

Names of the couple? Yashica and Jason

Wedding Date? June 25th 2011 (Almost at the year mark!!!! YAY!!!!)

How old are you? Your FI? I am 28 years old and he is 27! I know, I am robbing the cradle! LOL!!!

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple? I am an Electrical Engineering PhD student and he just finish is B.S in Electrical Engineering. He just got a job with the Power Company here in NC as a Systems Engineer.
    That is actually his dream job and company! I would love to graduate and become a researcher for a fortune 500 company and to become a part-time professor until retirement. Then I would like to be a professor full-time!

How long have you been dating? We have been dating for 4 years on July 4th!

Where did the you meet? We met while working at the same Wal-Mart. It is funny because we both had just transferred and moved to the area that month or so. We found out that we was both in the same Engineering field.

What was your first impression of your FI? LMAO!!!! I thought that he was a nerd! I didn't even think that he looked at me like that! LOL!

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far? Just the possibility of all of our family getting together and meeting each other!

Any wedding-related challenges yet?Huuummm... Maybe the fact that my FH don't like my MOH!!! But that is a looonnnggg story! LOL!

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like! No not yet. I keep changing my mine! LOL!!! I know that I am in Love with Maggie Sottero Dresses though. Here is the dress that I am loving now and I think that this is the one! I heart the veil especially.

Any favorite vendors yet?
    Oh yes! I heart my photobooth vendor and my florist!

Colors or theme?
    Our colors are Navy and Lilac with hints of Ivory and Gold.  Our Theme is Romantic Elegance and Love!

What are your top three wedding-related priorities? To book the venue, To pay off the venue, and  to Purchase my dress!

Any children yet or furbabies? Oh no!! LOL!! But if it was up to FH, I would be pregnant now!! LOL!!

Kids at wedding? Yes unfortunately.  But this will be a destination wedding for us and it is kind of hard to ask people to come all the way to ATL for a wedding weekend and to leave there kids at home. Hope they know that it is going to be a lot of drinking! LOL!

Where are you honeymooning?
    I am not sure yet. But I am leaving it to Jason. I would like to go to Jamaica Mon'!!!!!

Favorite book?
    Ummm... does Engineering books count! LOL!!! I haven't done much leisure reading. Need to though.

Favorite movie? Coming to America!!!

Favorite tv show?
    Golden Girls!!! HA HA!!! I can watch it all day!

Favorite wedding dress designer?
    Maggie Sottero!

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
    Probably more people.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya on the robbing the cradle, I am 28 and my DH is 25!!  LOL, sometimes you can't tell though when you get to this age, thank goodness!

I love your wedding colors, how pretty!!
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this Knottie of the week stuff:) Golden Girls = one of the best.shows.ever.   "Hope they know that it is going to be a lot of drinking!" ...sounds like my wedding!

And I want the info on your photobooth person. I really really want one too.
    Great reading about you, YasJas!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_knottie-of-week-yasjas2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:a59a2064-8f5b-4e64-9554-8f37840487d7Post:5faaa31b-63dd-4b04-9248-a6c015153ada">Re: Knottie of the Week - YasJas2011</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hear ya on the robbing the cradle, I am 28 and my DH is 25!!  LOL, sometimes you can't tell though when you get to this age, thank goodness! I love your wedding colors, how pretty!!
    Posted by cutypie953[/QUOTE]

THANK You so much Cutypie!!!! I also loved your wedding colors!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_knottie-of-week-yasjas2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:a59a2064-8f5b-4e64-9554-8f37840487d7Post:ecc47803-12fb-4f74-bc38-348d3d9d3175">Re: Knottie of the Week - YasJas2011</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this Knottie of the week stuff:) Golden Girls = one of the best.shows.ever.   "Hope they know that it is going to be a lot of drinking!" ...sounds like my wedding! And I want the info on your photobooth person. I really really want one too. Great reading about you, YasJas!
    Posted by My_Matt[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Thanks!! I just want to have a great time at this Shindig!! LOL!!
    For my Photobooth I am using ShutterBooth! They are very nice booths and I just love Dee and Berlin!

Here is their websites:
    <a href="http://shutterbooth.com/atlanta/">http://shutterbooth.com/atlanta/</a> 
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/ShutterBoothAtlanta" rel='nofollow'>www.facebook.com/ShutterBoothAtlanta</a>" target="_blank"><u><font color="#810081"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/ShutterBoothAtlanta" rel="nofollow">www.facebook.com/ShutterBoothAtlanta</a></font></u>

If you have any more questions, let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing, Yas! You are so ahead of the game when it comes to planning. Your wedding will go off with out a hitch, I'm sure. I love Coming to America too...when I was a little girl, I always said I'd have a wedding dress just like the one at the end of that move...lol. However, I am now a Maggie girl too!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_knottie-of-week-yasjas2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:a59a2064-8f5b-4e64-9554-8f37840487d7Post:e082735c-1b3d-434d-8c29-5b6c1053a1b7">Re: Knottie of the Week - YasJas2011</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing, Yas! You are so ahead of the game when it comes to planning. Your wedding will go off with out a hitch, I'm sure. I love Coming to America too...when I was a little girl, I always said I'd have a wedding dress just like the one at the end of that move...lol. However, I am now a Maggie girl too!
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

YAY!!! Maggie is Awesome!!!
  • edited December 2011

Hey Yas, it was nice reading about you....I love Maggie Sottero dresses too.
  • alison_lewalison_lew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great wedding colors!  Sounds like you'll be beyond organized :)  Thanks for sharing!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards