Georgia-Atlanta

Engagement rings and wedding rings

I don't want a traditional diamond ring. I'd like to have a 3 stone ring with a diamond center and then an emerald and amethyst on the side. Its unconventional but its what I want. Everywhere I have noticed has diamonds and doesn't do different gems for the engagement ring. We want to be able to buy the engagement ring and wedding rings as a set. Any suggestions as to how we can get what we want?

Re: Engagement rings and wedding rings

• edited December 2011
    I would suggest you buy a mounting that has a matching wedding band and put in what you want. You should go to a place with knowledgeable sales people and a jeweler on-site. In other words, no bargains for you. Jewelry Artisans does good work and has a good reputation.
    CCH

PS I was in the jewelery business once, long ago.
  • edited December 2011
    That helps a lot thank you sooo much!!
  • alison_lewalison_lew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a non-traditional ring myself and love it!  

Shane Company will sell loose stones (sapphire, rubies, etc).

Also, not sure where you are location wise, but a jeweler in Alpharetta off Kimball Bridge/State Bridge could probably help you out quite a bit.  He's an artisan by trade, very honest and does phenomenal work.

The jewelery store is: Sabri Guven Jewelers
                                       4398 Kimball Br Rd    
                                       Alpharetta, 30005

Good luck!!             
  • milly822milly822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that the same as what used to be Guven Jewelers in the old outlet mall by Gwinnett Place and then moved over to the Mall of Georgia?   If so, I used to go there all the time.  They do great work and have great prices.
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try etsy!!!

I know you can get a lot of custom made stuff there.
  • alison_lewalison_lew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I believe it is the same Guven jewelers..they were in Gwinnett at some time and have been at this Alpharetta location for a while.  They are getting ready to move again (location has more space) off Haynes Bridge/Old Milton in September.

He did some stuff for me and I was thrilled!
  • edited December 2011
    Worthmore Jewlers does total ring customizations -their staff is very personal and are really nice. They have great reviews on Yelp. They have 2 locations, in Decatur and Midtown.

http://www.worthmorejewelers.com

• adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Worthmore as well.  They are happy to do any kind of customization.  We were thinking of doing something custom, but I think we're going to go a different route.  We will probably buy from them, though. I love their selection and service.  They're very helpful without being pushy.  I have looked at many jewelry stores, and they're my favorite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards