Georgia-Atlanta

Affordable Florist

Having trouble finding an affordable florist in Atlanta. I'm currently being quoted $65 for each centerpiece - thinking of doing a hydrangea or calla lilies arrangement.  I'm told $65 is the standard for centerpieces, but that can't be right. I'd like them to come in at about $45 each. Where are you ladies shopping and what prices are you seeing. Also, I'm having two large (3x3) alter arrangements made with filler stock and carnations (no expensive flowers at all) for 150.  I think that's a bit high for no real flowers in the arrangements.

Re: Affordable Florist

• edited December 2011
    We used George Hartley "Budget Bloomers"

He works for a florist but does his own thing on the side.  20 years of experience.  His # is 404-401-4607
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_affordable-florist-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:bc3d8d0f-4a1b-4c29-a1a6-50d2bba86658Post:7ef1874b-af9c-40e5-9e15-4e8c8a40ee0f">Affordable Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]Having trouble finding an affordable florist in Atlanta. I'm currently being quoted $65 for each centerpiece - thinking of doing a hydrangea or calla lilies arrangement.  I'm told $65 is the standard for centerpieces, but that can't be right. I'd like them to come in at about $45 each. Where are you ladies shopping and what prices are you seeing. Also, I'm having two large (3x3) alter arrangements made with filler stock and carnations (no expensive flowers at all) for 150.  I think that's a bit high for no real flowers in the arrangements.
    Posted by ymw6110[/QUOTE]

<div>i used woodstock flowers and gifts. they were great.</div><div>you might want to talk to a few more florists- maybe the one you saw was high, and you wouldn't know that unless you saw how others worked. i interviewed 3 florists, asking for the exact same thing- and my 3 estimates were within $20-30 of each other.</div><div>
    </div><div>also-</div><div>- $65 for each centerpiece seems high, but you're asking for hydrangea, which will be out of season in may or callas, which are expensive. you could talk to a florist and tell them what kind of look you want, and see what they can do within the budget.</div><div>- the altar arrangements seem normal to me too. they're large arrangements, meaning that you have to use a lot of the greenery and carnations, upping the product cost. carnations ARE real flowers, even though they're not expensive ones.</div><div>- i think you're forgetting that they're going to charge you for the labor. sure, you could get the flowers themselves for cheap, but arrangeing flowers for your large altar pieces would take quite some time.</div>
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The pricing not only depends on sizing, it also depends on the number of bunches or blooms.  Callas are, indeed, expensive as jmorford stated so expect to pay $$$ for them. Without knowing the exact specs as to the size of your centerpiece, number of blooms, etc. we can't exactly say if $65 is too expensive or not.
  • edited December 2011
    My sister used Leave it to Lindsey, and I will be too:
    http://www.leaveittolindsey.blogspot.com/

Her prices are unbeatable! She is just starting out, but you wouldn't know it from her designs. I would definitely check her out. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We have been using Southern Stems.  Leslie is absolutely wonderful, so cooperative, and is definitely willing to work within a budget.  I would highly recommend her!
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards