Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Have no idea how to plan a wedding, please help!!

I will be getting married in a little over a year but I would like to start to get things organized now. The problem is I dont have a clue what I am suppose to be doing. I know my wedding colors will be black, white and blue. I wouldnt mind an outdoor wedding but may have to do it inside.I live in Oklhaoma but will be having my wedding in Georgia, where all of my friends and family are. So having family and friends help me with this has not been very productive so far.That is why I am posting on here. I need help and any ideas or suggestions would really be appreciated! Thanks!
-K.C.

Re: Have no idea how to plan a wedding, please help!!

• Options
    Hi! Welcome to the board. Take a deep breath! This is all going to work out just fine. You have more than enough time. I'm sorry you don't have family willing to help, but a lot of what you need to do at this point can be done over the phone and/or internet.

First and foremost, you and your FI need to decide on two major things: the size of the wedding guest list and your budget. SOOOOO Much is affected by how many people you are having. More people= more food, drinks, tables (thus centerpieces), chairs, favors, invitations/thank you cards/ etc! And obviously, what you can and cannot afford to do is based on your budget. 

So what are you thinking in terms of all this? Large gala or more intimate affair? Somewhere in between? You'll want to start with a venue that fits your style and your guest list size, as well as budget. 

Just as a tip, if you are looking to save, think outside the box (and the metro ATL area). Stay away from "wedding" venues, as these are usually expensive. Think parks, country clubs, etc. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_idea-plan-wedding-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:bf432adb-02a0-4561-b58e-d65a16f748ebPost:11608993-c9b6-47cc-991e-257f2d7cc5a1">Re: Have no idea how to plan a wedding, please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! Welcome to the board. Take a deep breath! This is all going to work out just fine. You have more than enough time. I'm sorry you don't have family willing to help, but a lot of what you need to do at this point can be done over the phone and/or internet. First and foremost, you and your FI need to decide on two major things: the size of the wedding guest list and your budget. SOOOOO Much is affected by how many people you are having. More people= more food, drinks, tables (thus centerpieces), chairs, favors, invitations/thank you cards/ etc! And obviously, what you can and cannot afford to do is based on your budget.  So what are you thinking in terms of all this? Large gala or more intimate affair? Somewhere in between? You'll want to start with a venue that fits your style and your guest list size, as well as budget.  Just as a tip, if you are looking to save, think outside the box (and the metro ATL area). Stay away from "wedding" venues, as these are usually expensive. Think parks, country clubs, etc. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

All of this! Also congratulations and welcome to the board!
  • Options
    Hire a wedding planner that's in Atlanta! I know you probably think you don't have the budget for one but a good one will save you money and pay for herself. It will relieve a lot of stress for you. :)
  • Options

I agree with PP- the very first things to do are figure out your budget and guest list.  Once you've got those, start looking at venues that fit your budget and are large enough (or small enough) to fit your guests.  Knotties are very helpful with venue suggestions, so come back here if you need help!  The Knot has good check-lists and there are also a lot of checklists on-line.  Don't worry, it'll be great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards