Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Momzilla

My mother has been a total Momzilla since our engagement and I don't know how to reel her back in.  She is constantley shooting down every idea I have for the idea, she even made us change the wedding from Alabama back to Georgia because she said I was being selfish.  I am at my wits in with her and she is really putting me in a stressful position with my futre mother-in-law. Any suggestions?

Re: Momzilla

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Is she paying for the wedding or are you?  If she's footing the bill, she definitely has a say in how things go.  If not, limit what you tell her. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with bbyckes, if your mom is paying for the wedding, there is not much you can do besides sit her down and tell her how you feel and what you really want for your wedding. See if you can work out some sort of compromise... If she is not paying, then I would just tell her to butt out... but in a little nicer way LOL :)
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with u ladies buecause my mom is paying for the wedding and she has had a lot of say so but she knows when to not overstep her boundaries, but we have some similar things we like so we can agree on a lot things.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards