Georgia-Atlanta

Fake flowers?

What do you ladies think of me having fake flowers for everything instead of real to cut down costs. I was thinking maybe JUST having my bouquet real, and even getting an additional one to toss because I want to keep mine. 

Re: Fake flowers?

• Lol as pretty as I am planning to make my bouquet i think I want to keep mine too & guess what Fake! LOL I know some ppl think its tacky to have fake flowers but honestly I don't believe in spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on something that is going to be thrown away and die a couple hours after the wedding. Save the money and have a better honeymoon or spend it on other things you may want for the wedding
  • It can be done well. I was a BM for a wedding back in December, and since the bride is allergic to pretty much all flowers, they used fake ones. They were done very tastefully and everything looked beautiful. I personally prefer real flowers, but fake flowers can be great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can use silks, but honestly the GOOD ones will cost you just as much as the real ones. A good way to cut costs is to make the flowers yourself. 

I made all of my bouquets myself using these:

• Pokepoke is right. The ones that actually look good can get pretty expensive. My cousin did her own with flowers from Michaels and they looked horrible and cheap. You could tell they were bad fake flowers from a distance. I've heard of people DIYing their flowers with fresh flowers that they got from Costco at wholesale prices, so maybe you could try doing something like that.?
  • On a side note, unless you get the really really high quality silk flowers, they WILL look fake in the photos. 
  • Depending on how much time you have to do some DIY work, you can try searching the web (pinterest is a great place to start) for tips on doing your own flowers.  There are ideas out there on how to create your own fake floweresque decore that look very unique and while obviously aren't real, they can be very pretty and elegant in their own right.  Also, I've come across all kinds of decor ideas that are cheap and lovely that aren't based around flowers at all, so you might find nice alternatives.  Then you can just use a few real flowers if you want.  I don't plan on using real flowers at all, except for my bouquet. 
  • I got my Fake flowers that look real and are even better than the ones at micheal and hobbylobby for a wholesales store on Veterans Memorial Highway. The road is packed full of wholesale places and they have soooo many wedding things. My favorite is a store called ULTRA, they have very expensive looking things for wholesale prices. I haven't gotten much from micheals or hobbylobby by going to these places instead and it's so great because you can haggle with the shop owner and get an even better deal! I got 6 vases and the jewles to go inside for like 20 bucks, it would have cost me 70 or more at micheals!!
    Buying A Home
  • Also a store called Luckystar on veterans memorial highways is soooo awesome! It's HUGE and it's got everything from flowers to vases and soooo much more. This is where wedding planners get their stuff from. You're basically cutting the middle man out. 
    Buying A Home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards