Georgia-Atlanta

My wedding nightmare!!

With just 62 days left until our big day, we've hit the ultimate setback - WE NEED A NEW WEDDING LOCATION JUST TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING.

The past three days have sent me back to what feels like middle school with our now former wedding venue owner not getting along with our wedding coordinator. All my wedding coordinator "S" was trying to do was set up an appointment Saturday afternoon so we could do a walk through of the property and get an idea of the set up for the ceremony and reception. Well, the venue owner "K" was unavailable at the time we requested so she offered us an earlier time. Well I guess the two days it took "S" and me to make sure our schedules would work with the earlier time was too long for "K" so she went ahead and booked up the time slot. All was well with "S" and myself. Since the venue was a bed and breakfast, we figured we would go by on our own and just walk the outside where the wedding was to be held so "S" could get an idea of the setting since she has not seen it before. Well, I guess "K" did not like our idea and told us not to step foot on the property without her present. Fine with us, we will set up another appointment to look around with her present. "S" had her office manager email "K" to request an appointment this Monday. "K" took the email as DEMANDING the appointment and sent an offensive email back to the office manager insulting her. I know this because "K" had CC me on the email exchange. THEN "K" sent me and email requesting a private conversation to discuss a few issues ASAP before our meeting. Then she proceeded to call me right after sending the email. Well, I was in the middle of picking up my wedding dress so I ignored the call. As I am leaving the bridal shop, I start to listen to the voicemail that was left by "K" and couldn't help but start to laugh. She was on the verge of tears. When I called her back, she didn't even get a hello out before IMMEDIATELY going into a rant about "S" and how she does not think she will be able to work with her. When I told her that I did not see what the problem was when all she was doing was what I had asked her to do, "K" got defensive and yelled at me "DO YOU JUST WANT TO GET A REFUND THEN!?" I was shocked and calmly told her that I would need to discuss this with my fiance and that I would call her back. She hung up on me. Needless to say, we took her up on her offer of getting a refund back. I will NEVER recommend her to anyone, and if I hear of anyone working with her, I will warn them of her unprofessional behavior. We are even having to wait for her to "come up with the money" before getting the refund.  

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?? I am truely shocked at the behavior of this woman to both myself and my wedding coordiantor and her staff.

Re: My wedding nightmare!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_my-wedding-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:d5392404-cdfa-42cd-8448-c48a3bfa411fPost:310f2715-fbf1-4f8c-8aa7-7a3c847e1765">My wedding nightmare!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]With just 62 days left until our big day, we've hit the ultimate setback - WE NEED A NEW WEDDING LOCATION JUST TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING.   The past three days have sent me back to what feels like middle school with our now former wedding venue owner not getting along with our wedding coordinator. All my wedding coordinator "S" was trying to do was set up an appointment Saturday afternoon so we could do a walk through of the property and get an idea of the set up for the ceremony and reception. Well, the venue owner "K" was unavailable at the time we requested so she offered us an earlier time. Well I guess the two days it took "S" and me to make sure our schedules would work with the earlier time was too long for "K" so she went ahead and booked up the time slot. All was well with "S" and myself. Since the venue was a bed and breakfast, we figured we would go by on our own and just walk the outside where the wedding was to be held so "S" could get an idea of the setting since she has not seen it before. Well, I guess "K" did not like our idea and told us not to step foot on the property without her present. Fine with us, we will set up another appointment to look around with her present. "S" had her office manager email "K" to request an appointment this Monday. "K" took the email as DEMANDING the appointment and sent an offensive email back to the office manager insulting her. I know this because "K" had CC me on the email exchange. THEN "K" sent me and email requesting a private conversation to discuss a few issues ASAP before our meeting. Then she proceeded to call me right after sending the email. Well, I was in the middle of picking up my wedding dress so I ignored the call. As I am leaving the bridal shop, I start to listen to the voicemail that was left by "K" and couldn't help but start to laugh. She was on the verge of tears. When I called her back, she didn't even get a hello out before IMMEDIATELY going into a rant about "S" and how she does not think she will be able to work with her. When I told her that I did not see what the problem was when all she was doing was what I had asked her to do, "K" got defensive and yelled at me "DO YOU JUST WANT TO GET A REFUND THEN!?" I was shocked and calmly told her that I would need to discuss this with my fiance and that I would call her back. She hung up on me. Needless to say, we took her up on her offer of getting a refund back. I will NEVER recommend her to anyone, and if I hear of anyone working with her, I will warn them of her unprofessional behavior. We are even having to wait for her to "come up with the money" before getting the refund.   Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?? I am truely shocked at the behavior of this woman to both myself and my wedding coordiantor and her staff.
    Posted by meeshell123[/QUOTE]

That sounds like an awful situation! Has this B&B hosted weddings before? It sounds like maybe "K" was a little stressed out by the whole process. Either way these two women are suppose to be helping you not making your day more stressful! Have you started looking a new venues yet?
  • edited February 2013
    Yes this venue has had previous weddings, surprisingly enough. We have luckily found a venue with our date available and my friends sister was doing our invites and redid them easily. "K" is absolutely off her rocker and we are having a tough time getting our refund back but we have everything in email and we are drafting a letter stating she offered the refund, basically canceling our contract, and that we did not initiate the canceling of the contract. Our new venue is more like what we wanted and has been such a relief and ten times less stressful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards