Georgia-Atlanta

lottery ticket favor???

I have seen on a few shows a lottery ticket as favors that are wedding themed. I tried to research it and cannot find anything besides lottery ticket holders. I would like the lotery ticket to be Wedding themed, but all websites I have state just to by $1 tickets and put them in holders.. anyone else consider this or have any info?

Re: lottery ticket favor???

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you'll find any wedding themed actual tickets, but maybe. The state of GA issues the tickets, so they'd have to decide to use that theme. They might, but I doubt it. Don't get tickets from another state, because they must be cashed in that state. 

Instead, I would just pick a few different kinds (Falcons ones for your sports fans perhaps, Wheel of Fortune, whatever else they have out now/ones you can afford) and use the holders or even just regular envelopes. 

Also, some people are bound to think this is tacky, but I say go for it and continue funding my education. =D
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011

I know you dont feel that way but why would it be tacky, alot of people make cookies or loolipop faovrs and those arent things people keep, bc they eat them lol. and most other favors no one actually keeps them they end up lost or forgotten about so I just felt this would be fun and possibly a way for someone to win some $$ !!!
    We are actually doing a couple of games at our reception so I figured it would go with the theme.
    I did hiowever come up with a decen tidea, our Wedding is on St. patricks day so I am either going to wait until feb and buy Valentine themed lottery tickets or st.patricks da themed ones.... hmmm I dont know which, maybe both lol
    thanks for input!

• chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds fun!  Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, it sort of sucks for those who don't get anything, which will probably be most of them, so they essentially go home with no favor, which is fine as favors are optional, but still. Some people don't get any excitement from stratch offs (I do).  Then everyone is going to be envious of those who do win. Also, some people don't support the lottery because they consider it gambling, which it kind of is, so there's that too. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • laurapaicelaurapaice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did this for my wedding in April and guest loved it.
  • edited December 2011
    yay! how did you do it? themed ones, order them , what did you put them in, etc??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards